Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What Comes First

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sponsoredbydad, May 28, 2005.

1. sponsoredbydad

sponsoredbydad Dune Slaying Sand Junkie Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I've got to know this before I go the next step. Almost finished with the rocker box,floor pan,door post replacements and at this point Im thinking of taking the body off the frame. Should I build or install the cage first or is that something I want to wait untill after I lift it and the body is back on the frame. Also I was thinking of trying to incorprate the cage into my windshield posts because I have to replace all the windshield frame anyway. One more thing please, do I need to put my doors back on when the tub is off the frame or will I be ok without em :confused:

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

It realy could go eather way. If you know were the body and frame are going to be(are you adding a body lift? and stuff like that) then do the cage as soon as you are ready. As far as removing the tub I would keep the doors on. That tub seams to be held straight by the rocker boxes & doors so I would want them in to help keep the tub from tweeking :D
    anyway my .02c
    Burt

3. sponsoredbydad

sponsoredbydad Dune Slaying Sand Junkie Premium Member GMOTM Winner

ok thanks that is what I was thinking.