Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what comes with a lift?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broncoman6524, Aug 20, 2006.

1. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

i am going to pull a 6" i *think* lift off a wrecked k5. I believe that is a super lift. It may be a 4 or 6 i aint sure but the rear of the truck sits about level with my eyes and im 5,8. where as my truck sits at about my nipples (where topper meats body) Its sittin on 35s any guesses as to the hieght? lol. The prev owner died in the wreck:( so i cant realy ask him...

what exactly am i supposed to get. I know about the springs, shock, extended brake lines, pitman arm, t-case drop. But what else is there i feel like im missing something...:confused: any help?

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Drag link, driveshafts if 6" or more usually.

3. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

drag link...thats the bar that goes from like the left of the frame to the right of the axle type thingy right? god i hope i dont need shafts bc its missing both of them...

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The drag link goes from the pitman arm (arm attached to the steering box) to the steering arm (arm attached to the knuckle).

5. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Steering arm, shocks, and brake lines (4" or 6"). If its a 6" lift then you will need driveshafts. As for height, your description is difficult. I would say mine is ~7 ft. now with a 4" lift on 37's and just barely fits in the garage (~1/4" clearance, wouldn't fit with the hard top).

6. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

get the whole truck. Is your truck on 35's or the one you are getting the lift from? also is there a body lift on the junk truck? My eyes are about where the top of the tub is and I am running an 8 inch lift with 44's. You should take some measurements on your truck and compare them. top of the axle tube to the frame rail would be a good place.