Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What could sell truggy for?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MNorby, Oct 1, 2006.

1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am really stoked about this k5 build and have been thinking of putting the 454, th400, doubler, and 1-tons from the truggy and put in the 71 K5. I will use the k5 like 90% of all runs since the buggy is totally overkill for most things here, just moab trips and stuff. I really dig mountain road and camping so the k5 will accomodate that stuff better. Building 2 rigs is $$$. What would be a fair price for a 75% complete truggy chassis? Turnkey with 350/465/205/d44/14ff? Worth putting old k5 drivetrain in or just sell chassis only or chassis with parts but not installed (In case of other plans for potential buyer)? Opnion please

2. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

how much money do you have as far as tube work done to the chassis? I say sell the chassis for what you got in it plus maybe $500 or so and sell the rest of the parts individually. youd prolly make more money that way and get rid of the parts faster. unless you can find someone that wants the whole setup all together, then Id say something like $4-5k. I tend to price things a bit higher when I know what each individual part is worth. I wouldnt take less than $3k for my truck and I just rolled it.:D

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

pics of said truggy?

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

x2.

5. MNorby

shortbox truck frame with weld on and bolt on frame brace. 180 feet of 1.75" .120 wall HREW. Changed mind to 4 link rear so didn't completely finish rear since was gonna cut off everything past B pillar and re-do.
    [​IMG]

6. MNorby

another sot without fender and not as much tube done yet
    [​IMG]

7. MNorby

a few more
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. MNorby

just talked to a buddy. he is needing cash bad and needs to sell his 1-ton 4X rig. Could make a deal for it setup with 454, th400, doubler, and 1-tons with 4.10s and welded rear too.

9. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Want to make me a deal on those brackets that you won?:D

10. MNorby

not sure, i may finish 4 link or sell with or 4-link the k5 :D I'll let ya know when I get to that point though.

11. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Buy your buddies rig and put his drivetrain in the K5 and keep the Truggy for the harder stuff. 2 rigs is a nice way to go if you have the space & money.

Harley

12. MNorby

its more like 3 rigs. my 97 cummins tow rig i love to tinker with, the k5 and the truggy... i have a good shop with good resources to work on them all but man, time and money. Time isn't too bad but not when I only have one running rig (the towrig) and can't 4X. Might as well double my resources and be able to finish one rig completely and be more usable for Everything and not kick ass for one thing

13. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I hear you. I have the towrig and the trail rig. I also have a buggy planned out in my head waiting on the time, space, and money to build it. I finally got smart and decided enough was enough with the K5 and am going to stop modifying it. I am only going to repair what I break and wheel it. Once I get the buggy done (it will be a few years) I will start going in the reverse direction with the K5 and making it more road worth and reliable again. It will never be a true DD or anything like that but I want to be able to jump in it and drive 200 miles without worrying about it if I need to but I also want it to be able to run a solid 4.0 rated trail if I want to also.

How much is your friend looking to get out of his truck?

Harley

14. '79shortbox

'79shortbox Registered Member

I hear that. I keep buying rigs and never finish anything. My wheeler's stuck in my garage and I spend half of my time just trying to keep my DD running.

15. MNorby

not sure, I'll ask him when i talk to him tomarrow. here is a pic. Creme truck with tube bed
    [​IMG]