Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what custom parts do you need to clock 208

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudbogger, Feb 19, 2007.

1. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

how do you clock a 208 what parts do you need my d shaft should work still i have to change it out anyway cus i busted the chain and pushed it out the top of the case so was just wantin info on this im gonna have to space it up away from the crossmember if i dont clock it cus the cv is rubbin on the xmember and how would the shifter work out:confused:

2. jfaulk

jfaulk Registered Member

I hate to answer without having done the swap myself, but from what I've read on this site, you just need to get a clocking ring. You can get that from DIY4X.com. Depending on how high up you clock it, you might have to cut your floor some to make some space for the top of the case. Might also have to modify you seat bracket. Like I said, I haven't done this myself yet so there's probably something I left out. Hope this helps.

3. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Clocking ring.

Cut hole in floor (depends on how high you clock it):D .

I had to bend the linkage a bit since I clocked my case as high as it could go. I also had to make a square shaft since it was to short. But that was more than likely from the 52" swap.:D

Z

4. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

Got a 3 inch body lift so i shouldnt have any floor issues thanks looks like its very easy to do