Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What did everyone do for mothers day?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, May 8, 2005.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

What did you do for your wife/mother for mothers day? My mom worked night shift...so when she got up at 1 I made her tea :crazy:
    Then later we went out for dinner at a resturant in town Called Apollo... had a prime rib buffet...all you can eat for 20 bucks...it had prime rib, lasanga, ribs, potatoes, chicken, salmon, and something else I think.
    We were there for 1.5 hours... (my mom and sister ordered off the menu, and it took more than an hour to get!) I was so full I could have exploded. I will probably be a few pounds heavier in the morning since all the food I over ate...but I say it was worth it.

Anyways, what did you guys do with your mothers/wife/whatever?

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I made a home made card "since I aint' got no damn money" (if I may quote Meatwad)

Then after working the buffet at the hotel (read "I Hate Mother's Day!" post) I came home and had dinner at the table with my parents instead of in my room. But not before making a pig of myself at the buffet. There was quite a bit of prime rib left over for a nice change, so I cut a piece about an inch thick, and all the way across... pretty well filled an entire plate with cow :cool1:

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Just chilled, and told them how much i aprreciate them, and for brining me into this world ,,yada yada,,, lol. :)

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Watch my dad and sister fight a bit, tore the intake off my 355(looks like an intake gasket leak and not bad head gasket), helped my sister with her car, and cleaned up around the driveway... oh yeah and drove 4 hours back to school.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Was going too cook for mom today, but a friend called and invited us to his daughters 16th birthday party. Mom couldn't pass up the cake and ice cream, LOL. Women hung out in the house, us guys spent the afternoon in the garage BSing while my buddy grilled the burgers and dogs.

6. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I called my mom and told her Happy Mother's Day, because she and my sister are at an ESA contest in Folly Beach. Then I went surfing and missed her return call. And forgot to call her back. :crazy:

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I stayed home,away from mom...

My younger brother took my mother to my neice's house 65 miles away for mothers day--they always hold the holiday get togethers there at her house--I usually stay home and enjoy the "day off" from putting up with her complaining and demands...I dont exactly get along with my family too well,other than my sister--my older brother is moody,and can be crabby and talks down to me alot,other times he's good to me--I usually just keep my distance from them to avoid arguments....they always seem to end up criticizing me if I go to the "party"...I'd rather not even go. if I have to deal with that crap.... :(

.......I vacuumed the whole house while she was gone--if I could get her to stay away for a few days,I'd fix the bathroom wall where the tiles and sheetrock dissapeared,its got a plastic bag taped over the studs in the shower!--been that way for over a year,she complains she has no money to fix it--but she buys hundreds of lottery tickets every time my younger brother takes her shopping...sigh.... :frown1: :mad:

It should not be up to me to fix,its not MY house,nor do I expect it to be after she goes....everthing I do here either goes unnoticed or is "wrong"--so I dont even try anymore...its a waste of time trying to please her--she's NEVER satisfied!.I feel EVERY day is "mothers day"--I have to take her everywhere,do everything as far as work around here,so I feel I do my part the rest of the year,every day of my life ...Its a tough spot to be stuck in,where I am today--no easy way out either...dammed if I do--dammed if I dont...So thats how I spent "mothers day"--alone,peace and quiet! :crazy:

8. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Haha, I cooked breakfast, cleaned most of the house, got her a thing of flowers and a gift certificate and she was beyond pissy all day, so I laughed and spent the day in the garage. :D