Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What did Grandpa use to do ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mike.S, Aug 17, 2002.

1. Mike.S

Mike.S Registered Member

I don't know about the rest of you guy's but I'm tired of my tires being a post card for all the neiborhood dogs to reply too. Not that I give a crap about pee stains on my wheels or tires, not to mention the rust that comes after the daily replies, but when your standing right there checking your oil and a strange dog walks right up and with no regard to me being there, lift's his leg, throws a gallon of piss on my tires, sorry, I can't do that. Does anyone know of one of those old fashion remedies that Grandpa or Grandma would tell you about ? You know, something like "at the first full moon of the season, spray amonia on the tire and then strike a match". Or Grandma might say "take last weeks unwashed socks and tie them around your hubs". Any info would be welcome, Thanks for your time. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

1. Catch dog in mid-wee.
    2. Apply foot vigorously to said dog.
    3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 as necessary.

or for a long term solution

1. Find owner of said dog.
    2. Apply foot vigorously to said dogs owner.

problem solved.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Grandpa would use something called a "shotgun" and granny would use something called a "broom"...
    Me I would use something called a "rock".... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    Call the dog catcher, repeatedly til their gone.... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I was with ya up until you externalized the problem.
    he should go not push his troubles onto someone else.
    the rock/shotgun/broom/foot up owners....
    all good answers

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

BB gun here. Does not do enough damage to the dog if you don't pump the rifle so much. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

paintball guns are great training.

7. thatK30guy

Oh yeah, them things sting!!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

I'd becareful with using a paintball gun since the paint will be left on the dog and the owner can figure out who has the guns and not. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Are you refering to the dog catcher, if so then i say that because if I were to actually use one of the other methods, I'd be the one PAYING for it in the long run. We have a neighbor that intentionally lets their little dog out to sh!t in my yard and then when confronted deny it, so we called the pound a couple times and that worked for awhile( being threatened with fines) but not so much any more, so I'll call the pound a few more times til they get the message, these people will only be hit in there wallets, it's the kind of people they are...

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

paintball guns are not legal to shoot in the city. remember that
    brooms require to be near the animal
    rocks are nto accurate,
    foot, see same as broom,
    socks are needed for feet(dirty or clean)
    shotguns are also not legal,
    BUT, and i say BUT slingshots are LEGAL, Accurate, and fun. they hurt like hell also.
    grant /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

10. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

how about a fence? /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif i can't imagine living in a yard that's not fenced in.

11. thatK30guy

Can you say....ELECTRIC fence?!?! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

A very cold bucket of water. Did to a neihbors dog last winter when it would not shut up. Worked great.

13. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I live out in the country, so if a dog comes up and wants to piss on my car or truck, I wait until it gets some distance from the vehicle and a 20 ga. with # 8 bird shot (or 00 buck shot for bigger critters) usually does the trick. I'm not cruel to animals or anything, but if there's a nuisance animal around then I do what I have to. That includes pissing on anything except a tree or trying to start fights with my dogs. My Grandpa has always done the same thing. As for being in the city, I think a sling shot would do pretty good 'cause it's quiet and pretty accurate if you know how to use it. My .02.

Will

14. thatK30guy

A sling shot can ricochet off the sidewalk and go into the neighbors window. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

15. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Hamburger soaked in anti-freeze. Meaty, yet sweet, Muhahahaha. I actually have heard of that one before.

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> That's not funny, antifreeze makes for a very slow painful death. If you're going to kill it just kill it. I say the slingshot sounds like the best bet. Shoot somthing that will shatter if it impacts the ground to prevent ricochets.</font color>

17. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Wadunt serious or anything, sheesh. Just call the dog catcher. Its illegal for a dog to roam in town, why not let the law do your dirty work. I'm sure all the BS of getting the animal out would make the owner think twice of letting it roam

18. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i dont like to fence in my yard, driveway and all.
    just the back an sides. its all personal preferance
    grant /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

19. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

Just for the record, it is illegal to kill someone's pet dog on your property unless it is attacking your animals or people (not that the owner needs to find out about it). However, it is not illegal to kill someone's pet cat on your property as they are considered a predatory animal. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Just something you might find usefull.

20. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I live in a country subdivision of about 25 homes each on an acre or two...there's a big shaggy bastard dog that runs loose fairly often that comes to my back yard to visit with the neighbors dogs...needless to say, he shits like an elephant and pees on everything...I cornered him a couple weeks ago and COVERED his ass with Cayenne pepper spray...eyes, face especially...and then I followed him home...I've talked with these neighbors before about keeping him from running free...they were pizzed about the pepper spray as they watched him try to screw himself into the ground until I told them the only reason he was alive is because I keep my guns locked up and couldn't get to them in time...I told them I got my 9 loaded and handy for the next time he comes around, and I Will Cap His Ass if he comes on my property (and I can get a safe shot off like towards the open field behind me)...so far no dog, and the neighbors look hard at my house if they drive by while I'm out...Just to put it in perspective, He is the same guy who stopped by drunk one evening to tell me that someone in a dark Suburban has been following his daughter around the neighborhood (I got a dark K5)...I told him to get his drunk stupid ass away from me and that if he EVER comes around with an accusation like that, I will break bones...Had neighbors that would walk the Rhodesian Ridgeback on a leash, and let them crap in my front yard...I confronted them in the act and told them they better pick it up and take it with them...they laughed and said they were just doing what dogs do...so, I picked it up and went and threw it all over their front door...the next time they walked by, they pulled their dogs to the other side of the street, and let them crap in my neighbors yard (he's an ATF agent)...I get along Great with all the neighbors around me...I just ain't well liked by certain dog owners.....OH Yeah, I also fed antifreeze to a neighbors cat that was climbing into my boat and pizzing on everything...I Despise cats....