Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What did I do, got a minispool for my 10 bolt rear.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85 Shortbox, Sep 26, 2002.

1. 85 Shortbox

85 Shortbox 1/2 ton status

All high on excitement from the Jamboree in Indy this past weekend, I went out and bought a mini-spool for my 10 bolt rear. Everybody knocks the 10b rear and with good reason, I guess I had enough money laying around and decided that I WANT to find out the hard way, I guess I will let you all know when it breaks so you can laugh.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> We won't laugh, we'll just shake our heads knowingly /forums/images/icons/grin.gif </font color>

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I bet within a month that 10 bolt will be in pieces.

4. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel. I'm very close to putting a full spool (welded the old carrier) in my front end cause I'm sick of my TrueTrac. I really don't care about the 10b anymore and I'm not gonna put the money into a locker for it. I'll just keep spending $20 on axle shafts at the pick-a-part till I find my D60.

Carry your old spiders with you and hope the mini spool snaps before anything else does. And then hope that it doesn't take out the R&amp;P if it does go. Sometimes mini spools can't take the extreme difference in torque between the axles if your on rocks and they snap. They're mostly good for strip cars. Good luck...