Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What did this come with?

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by clarkjw24, Nov 16, 2004.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm looking at a sub in the paper. Called the guy and he said its a 454 with auto three speed. 2wd 3/4 ton. Is the tranny a 350 or 400 and was the 454 fuel injection?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

....... model years are amazing things... would be a th400 trans but fuel injection, that would certainly depend on the year.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'd say 90% of the stock 454 model 2wd burbs came with th400's, I have seen a few stock th350's behind 454's. As for fuel injected, that solely depends on what year the burb is.

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yup what he said.

87-91 tbi iirc /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

oops. Its an 88. I called the guy and said he didn't know if it was fuel injection. He sounded kinda sweet so I don't think he knew much about trucks. I was thinking TH400 TBI because of the 3/4. $700 but the tranny won't shift on its own. Have to manually shift it. Straight, no rust, clean rip free interior, front bench seat and power everything. Says it could use a buff and wax. What yall think? What kind of gas milage did these get? Maybe a good tow vehicle or parts hauler?

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What kind of gas milage did these get?

[/ QUOTE ]
    In the neighborhood of 5mpg - 10mpg on a good day.

7. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    oops. Its an 88. I called the guy and said he didn't know if it was fuel injection. He sounded kinda sweet so I don't think he knew much about trucks. I was thinking TH400 TBI because of the 3/4. $700 but the tranny won't shift on its own. Have to manually shift it. Straight, no rust, clean rip free interior, front bench seat and power everything. Says it could use a buff and wax. What yall think? What kind of gas milage did these get? Maybe a good tow vehicle or parts hauler?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you say $700? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif WTF are you waiting for? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Go get that bitch. It should have the 400, mine is an 87 and it has the 454, 400 and it pulls my Blazer like a dream. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What kind of gas milage did these get? Maybe a good tow vehicle or parts hauler?

[/ QUOTE ]

My 84 3/4ton 4x4 Sub, 454 with carb gets 9-10 in town if I keep my foot outta it and 12-13 on the interstate. I have a 700r4 and the enging is running headers no cats and 3" ehxaust. Fuel injection and 2wd should net you at least the same if not better mileage.

9. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What kind of gas milage did these get?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you go 85 mph you could actualy see the gas gauge go down /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif