Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What diet has worked for you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Loose Nut, May 2, 2006.

1. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

Im a fat ass. I need suggestions. Help me lose pounds.

What's worked for you?

HELP A BROTHER OUT!!!

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

what worked, excersize 3-5 times a week, eat small meals often. drink lots of water. :)

3. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

sounds like alot of work.

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

lol it is, but its all about how bad you want it. Right now i just kinda want it, so i'm not doing what i need to.

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  5. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

i dont eat alot, i think my problem is that i sat infront of the damn computer to much.

now that im out of my gaming faze, i think it will be easier to get out of my rut.

6. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

The Frank D. Merrill diet.

It worked for me!

:wink1:

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

The divorce diet works for me. :bow:

8. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

there's a big part of the problem right there.. your body goes into starvation mode, and hangs onto every bit of fat it can..when your body doesn't get fed, it thinks it won't ever get fed again, and then your metabolism slows way down.. eat protien, and good carbs often throughout the day, and keep hydrated. it's counterintuitive, but it works.

proper diet makes the exercise effective.

Tom

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Get all of the junk food out of your house. Buy fruit/veggies. You can't eat too many. Drink water instead of (fill in the blank - anything else). Get off your a$$ and go for a walk.

10. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Its simple, eat less crap and move more. You don't even need to eat less (ie, don't try starving youself) just less junk food and fast food. Weight Watchers has some good guidelines on their site.

Oh, and gravy is NOT a beverage!

11. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Cut the packaged snack foods. Replace with fruit & veggies.

Cut the soda & beer. Drink water or Crystal Light if you need some flavor. One soda or beer per day is OK if you just can't live without.

When you feel the munchies coming, drink 16oz. of water, then wait 10 minutes before grabbing a fruit or vegetable snack.

Watch your portion sizes when loading your plate, and resist the urge for seconds, thirds, etc.

Losing weight is NOT an easy task. If it were, we wouldn't be the most obese country in the world. You have to WANT to lose weight, and more importantly, keep the weight off.
    I've shed nearly 20 pounds in the past 10 weeks, and it's been tough. Easter dinner was a b*tch because my step-mother-in-law made all my favorites - it took a helluva lot of willpower to only load my plate once, and leave the table when I finished that plate.

12. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I've lost 30 pounds since December 1st 2005. Not much work at all. I keep my sugar intake low (I went from a six-pack a day of Mountain Dew to 1 can in the morning, stopped eating cookies, etc), keep my fat intake under 40grams a day, drink at least 1 gallon of water a day, and do light cardio (walking) three times a week. Oh, and I take an EAS product called ThemoDynamX. It's a metabolism booster fat burner pill. I have like a three year supply.

13. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Everyone will prolly hate me for this but I can eat just about anything I want and not gain a damn pound. Been that way all my life :dunno:

14. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Burn more calories than you take in. The best diet I was ever on.........join the Marine Corps:D

John

15. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

no one else has said it, so I will..........I hate you.......But, Ive dropped from 250 to 220 since around December. Cut the mountain dew intake from a 6 pack to 2 a day, and if I can cut that to 1 then Ill be real happy.

Working out 3 or 4 times a week, and everytime I go, I run atleast 2 miles, this morning was 5 miles, pouring sweat like a fatass. The ultimate goal is 195, which is what I weighed in like 6th or 7th grade......:eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

16. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

x2

my boss is on a diet and a work out plan i told me I suck,LOL

17. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Work out strenuously 3-5 times/wk. Don't start out to difficult- build up, but get to where you are getting a really good workout 3-5 times/wk. Yep, its gonna hurt but you will feel so much better. And of course, eat good.

18. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

What worked for me was as much cardio excercise as you can stand ( atleast 4 times a week ).

Eat a large breakfast EVERY MORNING without fail ( get the metabolizome (sp) going ).

small healty snacks throughout the day

Big salad along with meat ( like turkey/chicken ) for lunch

small dinner - usually cereal before 6:00 P.M.

drink as much water as you can stand all throughout the day !

As little bread as possible
    no , and I mean NO , soft drinks
    all snacks need to be fruit , peanuts ( protien ) and such

and finally , about every other weekend I would go to my favorite steak house and order a a monster meal just to keep from having total withrawls ...... this does not sound right but it worked for me and helped me stay on track the complete rest of the time. After a while ( few months ) I did not need the steak house fix and I just saved meals like that for special occasions.

HTH's and GOOD LUCK , Tom

BTW . I weighed over 300lbs. and went to 215lbs. I ate everytime I was hungry but what I had to eat was good/healthy food .
    I went from a size 42" waist down to a size 36" and they were a little loose.

Now to add to this - I met a great gal and she kept on feeding me and feeding me with her cooking skills and now I weigh 275lbs. and have not seen the gym in three years .........but man-o-man did I eat , and eat ,and eat - I had to keep her happy.......

Tom

19. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

That's it in a nutshell.

Sacrifice and determination pay big benefits.

Unless you're motivated you are deteriorated!

20. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

I've been doing Weigh Watchers for a while now, and it works. The main thing to do is follow the guidelines and exercise. It hasn't worked that well for me yet, but I fell off my determination horse during Spring Break and haven't gotten back on it yet. I'm going back to being good in June (that's when my major stressor gets relieved.)