Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do I do about balancing

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SCOOBYDANNN, Dec 8, 2001.

1. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Ok, i have 35/14.50x15 boggers, the local tire companies want anywhere from $20-40 per tire to balance, and once i air down it throws it out of whack[​IMG]. Now, I'm looking at the 4WPW mag and there is a product called EQUAL, (I'm hoping i'ts not the sugar substitute[​IMG]) but you put it between the tire and the rim and it automatically balances the tire. does anyone know anything about this stuff or anything like it, pros/cons. anything else i can do to balance my tires.

p.s. i know its the balancing because i borrowed a friends BFG muds and it rode fine, slapped the boggers and all hell broke loose.

Sun Desert Offroad <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye!

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

More times than not its not the balancing thats a problem but an out of round tire, so you should get that checked out first at a shop with a Hunter balancing machine.

82 K5, 6.2L Diesel, sm465, np205, 14 bolt welded, 8 lug 10 bolt lock right, 410 gears, 35" Mud Kings
    SPEAK SOFTLY AND DRIVE A BIG TRUCK

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Bias plies round? :) Boggers are more square than round. They have the equal and I have talked to a few guys that have used it and loved it.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

4. sinchphoto

sinchphoto 1/2 ton status

I tried that equal balancing on my two front tires just for testing. And it works great. I have 40" mickeys and they run bitchin. That stuff is like super fine sand. So the niple needs to be changed because if you air down you might be airing down air with the equal. the idea is for the equal to stay inside the tire.

5. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Have you done any Bogger's on the Hunter ?