Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do I do??

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by shane74, Oct 30, 2002.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Here's the deal. I have a 14bFF sitting in my garage at my old house that I guess belongs to a former member. It was traded to him by another member for some parts, but he never came to pick it up or has gotten ahold of me. I have sent him a couple of e-mails and I finally had to give a time limit because I need to get everything out of there by this weekend. It has sat at my house for months (almost 6 months /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif) w/out any contact. I want to do the right thing here, but if I don't get any response within the next week or so, would I be out of line to keep it and use it in my rig? I don't want to screw anyone, but I don't think I should have to store it forever w/out any kind of communication either...what do I do?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

You better just give it to me and I'll handle it... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifYOU WISH!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

That must be BlueKnight's that Jason had for him............Daniel has seemingly dropped off the face of the earth and we don't, nor will, miss him. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

If you gave him a time limit, and he misses the deadline, too bad. You can always offer him $50 or $100 for it later on if he ever crawls back out from under his rock. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

You nailed it. What the heck happened? Somebody pm me with the story. I am curious! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

6. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

ok first off, daniel doesnt want to wheel his truck, it has too muchj carpet and electrical [censored] inside, second, daniel pretty much turned out to be a [censored], third, that axle needs to be put to use, if it was in my garage, and i didnt have a 14ff already it would be under my truck within the hour, so go outside and swap it in ASAP

7. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Actually I do not have a problem wheeling the beast. And plan to go out in it soon, Sent it to holbrooks to be fixed. as for hte prick comment. gee thanks. as for the axle yes I want it you have email BTW. Thank you for being patient with it. I have been in and out of the hospital with an incureable respitory infection. I am admitted to the hosptial each week go through a series of antibiotics and steroids feedings and released sunday evening late. I havent been around for along time I havent done anything for along time either. and yes I have alot of time and money invested in the beast and am a bit skiddish to start all over again.

thanks

Daniel

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about the health prob's. They suck. I am not going to get into a p-ing match, but I really do need it out of my garage. Also, I will never intentionally screw anyone. It's just that it's getting down to the wire and since I hadn't heard from either Jason or you (in months for both cases), I was beginning to think it had been abandoned.

9. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Damit !!! I hate when that happens !!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Jim

10. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I think you should charge him, say... 2 dollars for storage...

Or he could give you say all the stickers and mouse pads and crap he had printed up with pnwfs4x4S on it... There big ticket items you know...

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

HOLY SHNIKIES! Hes right behind me huh?!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Thanks everyone for the advice. Just so I don't keep everyone hanging. Dan came and picked it up yesterday. He and Rob (Trazer) went and rented a u-haul to come and get it! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Thanks Dan & Rob for coming to get it. You helped me out big time. Dan didn't know that Jason still had the axle at my house, and Jason hadn't contacted him in awhile to let him know what was going on. That is why I didn't get much contact from Dan. He didn't know why I was asking him about the axle because he thought his was sitting somewhere else (I never told Dan the axle was the one he traded Jason for parts, 'cause I assumed he knew). Like I said. I'll never screw anyone out of their stuff, and as soon as Dan found out what was going on, he took care of it. So, I hope that explains it with my limited communication skills. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

14. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a big Mix up...

I think you did the right thing man

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif