Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do I have??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Itali83, Nov 4, 2001.

1. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Ok, I found a either 78-79 blazer I'm pretty sure. It is free for my taking but it is basically just a frame and tub. Tub is totally junk. The only things that are good on the truck are these...
    1. Grill is complete and mint shape, it has round headlights.
    2. Top is decent, has one splinterd spot on the front side, no big deal.
    3. the dash board is crack free, but kinda faded, it is a tan/brown color.
    4. The guages are all there, plus has the factory VDO clock, no tach though.
    5. it has a roll bar in the back, looks factory, same color as the truck, carpet cut out around it like the factory would. It is a single bar that looks like a backward single tube pickup roll bar.
    6. The solid side windows are tinted and all there.
    7. Seats are all there but probally need recovering becuase they had covers on them.
    8. The frame is supposidly good, but I couldn't see it fromt he truck being just set in the ground and sinking.
    9. the emblems are all there and good shape, the body moulding is junk though.

SO basically I'm asking what I can get for these parts so I can see if it'll be worth paying the towing company to town it here. the truck is free, just gotta pay towing.
    Also, is the roll bar really factory? Worth much??
    If I get this truck, all of the stuff will be for sale because it won't transfer to my 87 so please throw me some figures so I can see it it is worth it. Thanks
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com>www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com</a>

2. chevrules

chevrules 1/2 ton status

What is the towing bill??If it is in the $100.00 range just do it.You will be able to make your money back.

chevrules...always has and always will

3. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

The truck is 2 hours and 20 mins away, so we are looking around 200 bucks or so. We haven't gotten the exact price yet. Still, anyone have any idea about the roll bar? and anyone want some parts?
    Ben 87 Jimmy

4. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

5. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

dragging the truck on it's frame for 2.5 hours is not cool. lol. plus no tow hitch on mine.
    Ben 87 Jimmy

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

The roll bar is factory. It mounts in the back, with the support bars going into the wheelwell facing the back, right? Had one, sold it. No comment on it.

You will be able to get your $$ out of it for sure if your tow bill is reasonable. Plus you'll get some spare parts that you might also want to keep. Even tho you have an '87 there are some parts that you might use.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

7. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

SO what am I looking to get for the roll bar if someone wants it? I'm trying to get figures to cover the towing bill. As of right now, I see nothing that I can use from that truck for mine. the interior is totally different, no power train, the frame is the same, but it has been in a light roll over, so it could be bent for all I know. But there may be a few odds and ends. Any more info or comments is apreciated.
    ben 87 Jimmy

8. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

i could use that rear roll bar.

Going nowhere everybody is a Moto Psycho
    Got my wheels in motion and i got a path to beat

9. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Ok guys, give me prices here please, or ideas, what they are worth? What is the going rate, I'm not looking to get away with a bandit but I'd like to make enough to cover the towing and then some. Thanks
    Ben 87 Jimmy

10. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I'm the only person I know of on here who's Blazer came from the factory with a roll bar. They're not real tough to be honest. It rests on top the bed and wheel housing and is mounted to some plates that are welded to the back side of the sheet metal. I still think it looks cool though.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</a>

11. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Mine came with one and I didn't like it because I want to go to a tonnue cover on the back.......

C'moe

Kill Roy was here!