Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do i need for 10 bolt rear rebuild???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by protechk5, Dec 15, 2004.

1. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Ok ive been searching for ever for a 10 bolt around VA and i cant find one the price i want. But i found this guy who will rebuild mine for almost nothing. My spyder gears blew up and i thought that i was going to just use my 14bolt and throw the 10 bolt away so i just took the driveshalf off and drove it around with no fuild and the metal parts still inside for a while, so i need like everything to rebuild it, so my question is what do i need to buy for the guy to rebuild my rear. thanks

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Probably a master install kit ( all bearings , races , seals , shims etc ) , a locker if you like , or at least new spiders , a new ring and pinion if you ruined the gearset riding around with no juice in it , and some wheel bearings and seals :xmas:

3. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

i was just thinking, i have a 3/4 front 10 bolt with 4 10 gears, wouldnt i be able to use everything out of that excetp the gears?

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I tihnk it would be cheaper and easier to just go get a 14bff with the 4.10's, stronger and easier:grin:

5. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

ha i already got a14bolt with 410 but im just doing this to sell my truck, i dont have time to fool around with all of that

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Everything in the front 10 bolt will be the same as the rear, even the gears. So just swap everything over. :)

7. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

BK (has bearings races, crush sleeve, nut and seal), IPK , R&P (make it easy on the guy, dont be cheap and get Genuine Gear), Wheel bearings and seals (should come together) and maybe axlesand carreir id its bad too.