Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do I remove to keep a 203 range box?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by divorced, Jul 17, 2005.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

How do I seperate a 203 range box from the rest of the t-case so it can be used for a doubler? Is it as easy as unbolting the two pieces and throwing away the junk?

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Thanks TJ for the link.

Just a quick question - These needle bearings will not fall out just by seperating the range box from the rest of the case? They will only fall out when changing the shaft needed for a doubler? I apologize for these basic questions. I know nothing about doublers, but I need to get a range box ready to ship.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

when i took the range case off a 203 once about a year ago,

the needles all fell out,

so..

i had to pull a pin from shift shaft thing in the case in order to separate the case from the box, i kinda remember it being kinda tricky, but not real difficult or anything, and i didnt look in a manual or online and had never taken apart a case before, i did it out of the blue with no real idea what youre supposed to remove to separat them and it ended up being smooth sailing

disassembly is pretty darn quick, removing some bolts and whatever in a little while and poof done, really pretty basic,

youll see :D

youll end up with the range box and the long shaft that ran through the case(the half that is not the range box)

good luck :D