Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do kerry supporters dislike about bush?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by speedyvision917, Aug 25, 2004.

1. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

ive been reading all the anti kerry posts lately and i was just wondering what you kerry supporters dislike about bush or why you favor kerry over bush, im just curious to here what yall have to say and just tryin to learn more bout it all

i personally am in favor of bush but dont feel like getting into why i am

2. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

I would like to know too. All I hear is 'I HATE BUSH'. I asked a friend of mine to give me reasons why he likes Kerry, but he said he can't. He said he just hates Bush.

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I asked my buddy why he likes Kerry and he says because I hate bush... so I say why to hate bush? He says Iraq is another Vietnam /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Needless to say after a few weeks of sending him all the links and info posted here on CK he's voting Nader now /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

... I will say that I hate Bush. I personally don't need a president that sits in the oval office and talks to Jesus and bases his politics on his own religious beliefs.
    So, like alot of Kerry "supporters"... its not that I like Kerry, just don't like Bush...

5. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Yeah, Ironically this is what we discussed today in my American Nat'l Government class today. The majority of Kerry supporters just don't like Bush, plain and simple which is pretty stupid if you ask me.

6. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

most people that hate bush are not educated on politics or whats really going on in this country. they blame all this countries' problems on bush, when the economy and everything was already headin in the toilet during the clinton administration. fact is, this country is mostly run by big business and $$$$$$. hell it was founded basicly by big business. they blame business's leavin this country on bush. it doesnt matter who is in the oval office. business have been leavin this counrty for years. personaly, i want some one of strong faith in the oval office and who has strong morals. all we need is more shame and scandals brought upon the oval office and this country. bush did a good job with 911 and a good job with the war, regardless of what others think. all the crap being said now is just b.s. cuz its election time. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ... I will say that I hate Bush. I personally don't need a president that sits in the oval office and talks to Jesus and bases his politics on his own religious beliefs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep were lucky this country wasn't founded by a bunch of nutcakes that belived in God like he does or we would really be in trouble. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep were lucky this country wasn't founded by a bunch of nutcakes that belived in God like he does or we would really be in trouble. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I could care less if people believe in God... but we have this little thing in the Constitution called the seperation of Church and State... Bush just doesn't like that part, or the Free Speech part...

9. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

No offense, you are intitled to your beliefs, but what do you have against a President with religious beliefs? How has he imposed his faith on you?

10. ncbloodhound

[ QUOTE ]
    I could care less if people believe in God... but we have this little thing in the Constitution called the seperation of Church and State... Bush just doesn't like that part, or the Free Speech part...

[/ QUOTE ]

I challenge you to find 'separation of church and state' in the constitution.

The Bill of Rights added to the Constitution actually states:
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. " /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Now show me where it says separation of church and state..... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Also, why don't you do some searching and see how many documents our founding fathers wrote that do reference God.... I bet you would be surprised...

11. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

what i dont understand is, why do people blame just bush, i mean he does have advisors or whatever you wanna call them to help him decide what to do, its not like hes the only one thinkin about everything that goes on...am i correct? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Its not just believing in god, its believing that you can talk to him. I have not made a decision on religion one way or the other, but I do believe from books I've read and stuff that god does not "talk" to people and advise them.

Why I don't like Bush:

-9/11: From the reports and hearings it sounds like there was evidence that could have prevented it, but Bush didn't take time to listen to those advisers

-Bush seems like an uneducated a$$, have you ever listened to his speeches? Frankly the person running the country should be the best and brightest individual in our country, not a "C" student.

-Sending National Guard to Iraq, WTF?!?! What part of "National" means send them to a war overseas?

I would not say I hate Bush, I really do not Hate anyone I can think of /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I just think he is in over his head as President and that the terrorism issue and war in Iraq is more than he is capable of understanding.

13. ncbloodhound

[ QUOTE ]
    what i dont understand is, why do people blame just bush, i mean he does have advisors or whatever you wanna call them to help him decide what to do, its not like hes the only one thinkin about everything that goes on...am i correct? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They are acting on emotion rather than logic. The last 4 years have been rough regardless of who the president is. You've got 9/11, Afganistan (which Kerry supported), Iraq (which Kerry can't make up his mind whether he supported, but officially he did vote for it, then against it?), the economy which started going downhill before Bush, jobs overseas (which Kerry did with Heinz), etc.

Plus, I know it sucks to lose your job, but jobs have been going overseas since this country started. Anyone remember 'Triangle Trade' from elementary school? (raw goods going to England and finished goods coming back...)

Another thing, think back to early tribes in mankind, if Tribe A produced swords better than Tribe B, and Tribe B produced shields better than Tribe A, what was the logical thing to do? Obviously, Tribe B would trade it's shields for Tribe A's swords. Now if Tribe B got better than Tribe A at producing swords, what would Tribe A do? Tribe A would either produce better swords, or find something else to produce. Economics in its simplist form...

When products and services go overseas, there is usally an economical reason for that. What I do disagree with though is government sticking its hands in the economy by promoting or discouraging products and services from going with the normal cyclical flow of the economy...

Sorry for the rant... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

14. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I look at it is he is basically the CEO of the country. If the country is doing bad for whatever reason, well its the CEO that ends up being responsible at the end of the day.

I am also bitter about the economy considering that I got training and a degree to do a certain job, and guess what, after 9/11 there were none in the area I trained. So I am working construction in order to get by, and paying my own health isurance premiums because I HAVE to have it.

15. ncbloodhound

[ QUOTE ]

Why I don't like Bush:

-9/11: From the reports and hearings it sounds like there was evidence that could have prevented it, but Bush didn't take time to listen to those advisers

[/ QUOTE ]
    And clinton didn't read the same reports!?!?

[ QUOTE ]

-Bush seems like an uneducated a$$, have you ever listened to his speeches? Frankly the person running the country should be the best and brightest individual in our country, not a "C" student.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I see you forgot that he went to ivy league schools and got a better education than Kerry. I do agree though that he does have some issues when speaking publicly, but that doesn't mean he is an idiot.

[ QUOTE ]

-Sending National Guard to Iraq, WTF?!?! What part of "National" means send them to a war overseas?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Defense is defense no matter what you call it...

16. ncbloodhound

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I look at it is he is basically the CEO of the country. If the country is doing bad for whatever reason, well its the CEO that ends up being responsible at the end of the day.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I do agree that as 'CEO' he does need to do some house cleaning in the advisor department...

[ QUOTE ]

I am also bitter about the economy considering that I got training and a degree to do a certain job, and guess what, after 9/11 there were none in the area I trained. So I am working construction in order to get by, and paying my own health isurance premiums because I HAVE to have it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I am sorry that you are having trouble, but it is not the role of government to protect jobs and make sure everyone has a perfect life. The Declaration of Independence states that that we have the right to pursue happiness. We are not guaranteed happiness.

Sometimes life sucks, but you gotta roll with the punches... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

people just kill me. im currently working for a business that basicly offers no health insurance. but wtf does that got to do wit the pres. ? lol that is a company/business decision. doesnt matter who is in office, a business cuts insurance, jobs, etc to save on expenditure and retain more profit.alot of places r eliminating full time positions to hire two part timers and eliminate benefits, etc. yes this country does need some things changed, i agree, but sure as hell not thru kerry lol. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

18. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I challenge you to find 'separation of church and state' in the constitution.

The Bill of Rights added to the Constitution actually states:
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. " /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Now show me where it says separation of church and state..... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Also, why don't you do some searching and see how many documents our founding fathers wrote that do reference God.... I bet you would be surprised...

[/ QUOTE ]

he phrase "Bill of Rights" has become a convenient term to designate the freedoms guaranteed in the first ten amendments; yet it would be the height of captiousness to argue that the phrase does not appear in the Constitution. Similarly, the right to a fair trial is generally accepted to be a constitutional principle; yet the term "fair trial" is not found in the Constitution. To bring the point even closer to home, who would deny that "religious liberty" is a constitutional principle? Yet that phrase too is not in the Constitution. The universal acceptance which all these terms, including "separation of church and state," have received in America would seem to confirm rather than disparage their reality as basic American democratic principles

And like I said, I don't care if people/congress/the president/you/etc... do or don't believe in "god". What I do have a problem with is things like the presidents position on abortion, or a womans right to choose, because of his religious beliefs... or his position on Stem Cell research which could be the greatest scientific/medical discovery of the last 100 years and the cure for many peoples problems because his religion tells him its wrong... Well, good for him... explain that to a paralized 10 year old, or a blind 8 year old, etc... Tell him that if god wants him to see then a MIRACLE will make it happen. I would prefer to tell him that thru science we can regenerate his eyes, and on Thursday he can have an appointment...

19. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

u got da right line of thinkin my man. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

20. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

ummmm, u ever serve ???????????????? (i have) when u swear in, even in the ng (national guard) u swear to protect this country (the country u live in and prosper in) from all enemies both FOREIGN and domestic. all of these individuals both ra and ng are VOLUNTEERS. and the matter of fact is, the ng/reserve make up a very large chunk of our countries national defense. the ng has served in many, many of this countries wars and police actions. i think, u should do yur home work before u form an opinoin and vote. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif