Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do to with extra car?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LKJR, Feb 8, 2003.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Ok well my roommates both moved out today and one leaves me with his non running motorcycle (title, key and all) and his 280z like an 80 something, he never made the last payment on it so he said take it back to the guy and just drop it off since it has a lot of problems. Well now that it's in my posession do I take it and just drop it off, offer to let the guy buy it back really cheap like 100-200 bucks or do I part it out and try to make off of that? The car has rust issues, electrical demons in it and the doors only open from the inside. So what to do..........if I decide to part it or sell it as a parts car anyone know of a board of z owners?

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i would be thinking some where along the lines of a free RTI ramp!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I'll second that notion, RUN IT OVER!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Ever see what a SBC does to a Z car?????

-Jeremy

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Here's something to think about, if that car isn't paid for, and you don't have a title for it, you could get in trouble if you part it out, or damage it in anyway. Personally, I wouldn't mess with it. Put a lien on it for "Storage" fee's. After 90 days you can file for a title so then it'll be nice and leagle to do anything to it you want.

6. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

well he bought it from some local small used car lot so it's been months and months since the payment issue was there, and it was a case of haggleing over, "It had new brakes and new this and that" and the guy lied, first 2 months he spent nearly a grand on the car fixing stuff, and the body has major rust issues underneath, so no small block it scares me just knowing how much is under there. so.....

I guess first off I'll check with the guy and see if he want's it back. otherwise it's parting out..

7. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I would make sure the guy doesn't want it back. If he finds out you cut it up and didn't own it, your butt would be out there! Make it legal.

8. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

what about the bike, you got the title to it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Go to the lot he bought it from, see if you can work out taking over the last payment (at a reduced price of course) for the title..then do as you wish with it.

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Dont do something stupid dude, remember youre an eagle scout. Take it to the dealer and work something out but do the right thing. You got new roomies movin in?

11. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

WEll I think I"ve decided I'm gonna go talk to the guy on the car first, jeff yea I have the title to the bike, it needs a little work to it but not much, it's a 81 yamaha 650 not my kinda thing so it's for sale

Bryan, yea I got a guy from the massage school and his best friend moving in, seems like a whole lot better deal so far anyway. Kind of a relief to see the other one gone.