Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do ya think about this?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hunterguy86, Jan 20, 2006.

1. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Ok I was considering doing a diesel swap but I think a gasser will be more simple for a newb like me. Also i think a gasser will build more high end HP which I need cause I like deep mud and sand. This will be replacing my stock 305. So that being said, what do you think about this motor:

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?lang=-1&catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=19685

I was thinkin about using an edelbrock performer intake. Do they make one that bolts to vortec heads that is spreadbore? I want to keep my qjet. I got my flame suit on for that comment.

Any other recomendations?

Im hopin that if I keep workin my butt off I can buy a motor this summer.

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

You can get that motor cheaper elsewhere. The name will come to me in a while and I will post it. That motor should be fine.

3. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I have Edelbrock performer spreadbore that bolts to Vortec heads. I got it from Summit. I may be able to find the part number if I kept the reciept when I get home