Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do yall think about the irok radials??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudblazin, Aug 31, 2004.

1. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I am looking at the 39.5x13.50x15, They are good in rocks and mud right?? How do they wear on the street, remember these are the RADIALS.
    Thanks
    -Chris

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

being as they are RADIALS, they won't be as good as the BIAS in off-road, but they will be better on the road.
    i'd say get them if you want better wearing iroks

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

ive never owned a set, but i talked to a guy who had 40s, he said they wore horribly, his were almost worn out after around 6,000 miles. that was on a HUGE S-10 with a stock motor, so it wasnt because of his right foot habits.

then again, maybe he's full of it, but theres a little food for thought for ya /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. PROFESSORSK5

PROFESSORSK5 Registered Member

I just bought two IROK 36x13.50x16.5 radials for the rear of my 89 K5 with a 6" lift and I am going on thursday to get two for the front. With just the rears it tends to wonder on the freeway a bit so I am hoping that will cure the problem. Man they look really good. I have not been off road yet but I here they work well on rocks. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    ive never owned a set, but i talked to a guy who had 40s, he said they wore horribly, his were almost worn out after around 6,000 miles. that was on a HUGE S-10 with a stock motor, so it wasnt because of his right foot habits.

then again, maybe he's full of it, but theres a little food for thought for ya /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be full of it because they don't make IROK radials in 40s.

I personally see no point in running an IROK radial. IROKs have the void ratio of boggers and a shallow tread depth. Even the radial won't last that long and it's going to be weaker because it's a radial.

I'd choose something else. If you want Swampers, maybe look into the TSL Radial.

6. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally see no point in running an IROK radial. IROKs have the void ratio of boggers and a shallow tread depth. Even the radial won't last that long and it's going to be weaker because it's a radial.

I'd choose something else. If you want Swampers, maybe look into the TSL Radial.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know that Interco made any tires that are 40" tall. They do have 39.5" Irok radials though...

7. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Well I guess its back to the SSR's.

8. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]you must be full of it b/c they do make an 40 inch radial /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif and there running them in comps so they must be weak right /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]you must be full of it b/c they do make an 40 inch radial /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif and there running them in comps so they must be weak right /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't make any 40" tires.

39.5" /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif