Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do yall think of this battery?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Dec 13, 2005.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

2. jeeptuff

jeeptuff 1/2 ton status

I am running two yellow top Optimas in my K-5, can't say anything bad about them...:saweet::waytogo:

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

im going to be gettin 2 yellow tops as well. i found some that are 1250ca and 1000 cca i believe at advance auto parts, adn they are only $179 for more juice, check ur local places first, shipping wouldnt be cheap, that sucker is heavy.

4. mikayak390

mikayak390 Registered Member

its nice but an expensive battery. I run 1000-1200 amp batteries in a my trucks. Personally I get the Sears Diehards and have seen up to 1500amp on the shelf. Usually 75-$100. I have been known to crank 3 year old Diehard for 30 minutes straight on a big block V8 with a bad alternator and incorrect firing order. Then they handed me a new battery the next day under warrenty.

5. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Those are the D31A's. The biggest & the best battery money can buy. I found another place online for $165/ea. Do some searches.
    I just ordered 2 a few days ago.

6. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Im running the red top. Help crank over my 383. I think its Red Top for better starting and Yellow for deep Cycle and running accessories with the motor off. I'll probly add a yellow top soon.

7. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

This is going to be my primary battery for my trail truck, where anything from lights being on for hours without motor to winching with no power is possible, so I need a deep cycle. My girlfriend is hopefully gonna get this badboy for me for x-mas, so she can do the bargain hunting :D

8. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Well, the only bad thing I will say about that battery is that it's awfully expensive. I just bought two Duralast Gold 1000 amp batteries for less than that one battery at Autozone and they have a 3 year free / 8 year pro-rated replacement policy. They replaced another set of the same batteries that had been installed in my abused trailrig for at least 8-9 years and still functioned, just did not have enough juice left to get a diesel started when it got really cold.

9. lrazer

lrazer 1/2 ton status

Optima's are great batteries not only do they have alot of power they can be mounted in any position and they still work if you puncture the case, also they last forever the first red top i got came from a buddies plow truck the battery was in it when he bought it don't know how old it was, i have been running it for the last 3 years and have drained it many times and just recharge it and its as good as new
    actually the last time i was home from school the truck had been sitting for a month and a half with the battery totally dead when i got home i just charged it (was on the charger for 2 hours and still didn't have enough juice to start so then jumped it and after drivin around all day) it was as good as new