Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do YOU Call it? Is it a "he" or a "she"--what name have you given your K5?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by _DeeVee8_, Mar 13, 2000.

1. _DeeVee8_

_DeeVee8_ 1/2 ton status

What do YOU Call it? Is it a \"he\" or a \"she\"--what name have you given your K5?

I'm just curios about this and I had to see what other K5er's named their rigs.

We all know why we like them so much-- almost like pets!

So what have you named your K5/Jimmy?

I've got several but Bertha is always the one I yell when I'm pushing her through the gumbo and she's having a bit of trouble getting away from me.

so?
    Let's hear it!!!

-DeeVee8

2. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

Re: What do YOU Call it? Is it a \"he\" or a \"she\"--what name have you given your K5?

I love my K5, but she has taken more skin, blood and money from me than I care to mention, so I have to affectionally call mine B@#CH.

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: What do YOU Call it? Is it a \"he\" or a \"she\"--what name have you given your K5?

How about "Twoface". One side of my blaze looks like she just rolled off the factory floor, the other side looks like she sat in acid rain for a week. Never quite figured out why

I guess Twoface also applies to the fact that she can be a real charmer or a real pain in the rear.

4. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

I called my 80 K5 "The Breeze" 'cause it kept blowing down the road but now it is just blown. My 83 doesn't really have an official name yet. I've only had it on the road a couple of months now.

<font color=blue>Blazerbob</font color=blue>[​IMG]

5. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

i call my jimmy "THE BEAST" i also call it some other names that i can't say on here. it fits.

"What me get stuck? NEVER!!"(Famous last words)

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I guess it depends when you ask, My K-5 has two names one is "Back in Black" due to owning it for 5 years with primer on it and finally finished paining it last year. The second is when ever I get it done doing something to it "The Black Hole" it will take every cent of my pay check and still want more....

<font color=red>C<font color=green>'<font color=blue>m<font color=orange>o<font color=purple>e

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

7. Grey Thunder

Grey Thunder Registered Member

Home: Ojai, Ca......School:Santa Cruz, Ca

my girl took on the name of grey thunder... i dont know where it came from ... well maybe becuase she is grey and the 383 pushing over 350 horse out the 2 chamder flowmasters sounds like thunder...

dj monteith

8. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

My 1978 K5 has the name of Mudzer. I just installed a '91 grille and have many other mods to do. I should call it Money Pit...
    [​IMG]

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>

9. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

I call mine Blue Knight. It gets its name from its search and rescue duty and rescuing damsels in distress.

10. 3030

3030 Registered Member

She's 20 years old and something is always falling off of her. BI##H is the only thing that fits. At least that is what I yell when we're busting through a hole.

There ain't no way I'll get stuck in that hole.....oops.

11. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

All vehicles are "she"; it's a naval tradition I believe dating back to our origins with the British. Even the USS Benjamin Franklin is a "she", go figure.

Oddly enough, Russians call all their ship "he". Different culture.

So, ours is TankGrrl, yes, named after the Australian comic books. And yes, there was the bizarre US movie with Lori Petty.

One of these years I wanna have this (attachment) as our spare tire cover ;-)

'74 K5 Blazer "Tank Grrl"
    '77 Chalet sans Blazer
    and more to come...

12. Kiblsnbits

Kiblsnbits Registered Member

Well, I spent a lot of time coming up with a name for my 83 Jimmy. After much long debate, a name popped into my head. Her full name is RIGHTEOUS THUNDER, but that was too long, so RT is shorter, so now I just call her Artie. And hopefully, when I get the $, she will live up to her name.

Blazer: A hole in the air, surrounded by metal, into which one pours money

13. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Well seeing how the White Knight needs a steed, and the steed needs a name...."Knight" is all its called!!..WK

14. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

I would have to say I call mine Stephanie or Steph for short. Well the reason I call it that is cause that is the name of the girl I am in love with.. Gee can you tell I am in high school? LOL

Zack Carlson

No I am still not done with my frame up resto!! Soon i swear!

15. 83DK5

83DK5 Registered Member

Well I just bought it a month ago and it took until now to get the Trans fixed. I bought it like that and 83 with solid body for 500 bucks. Anyway after driving for the first time today Old Smoky (Deisel Engine) might it a good name. My wife says I should call it Nagging B@tch cause its always nagging me to fix it and its b@tch to do. Well time will tell once I get it on the trail. Needs new tire for that though anyone got some 33's for sale?

Blazers Rule especially Diesels

16. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Well I have always thought of my trucks as "she" and my K5 is named Gold Rush. Go figure. I bought my Blazer back in high school and lived in the Sierra Nevada foothills of California. My uncle had a couple of gold mines that he had taken me to when I was little. One day I just said why not "Gold Rush" for rushing up to the gold at the mines. Since then she has taken alot of gold from me to build her up!!!!

David 75K5

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

17. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

My K5 is light blue, so I always thought "Babe" would be good. (the blue ox from the tall tale) I haven't called her that in front of anybody tho', I get enough crap from the guys. They don't own a K5 and just don't understand.

18. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Her name is Kathy because that's a sexy name for me. She's so sexy I'm able to stare at her for hours without getting bored, just thinking what would make her look nicer or perform better. [​IMG]

<font color=purple>////////
    Go 79s!!!
    </font color=purple>[​IMG]

19. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.

Well, I've posted my information before, but Her name is "K". Its simple, but it works. "K"5

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

20. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Definitely a "she." For the simple fact that Blazers are good at taking more of your money than even the meanest wife/girlfriend. I've never thought of a good name though.