Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what do you call this window?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thfonz98, Feb 20, 2005.

1. thfonz98

thfonz98 1/2 ton status

its the piece of glass thats just out side the sliding side windows on a 1991 k5 silverado?...mines broke and i dont know how to look for one if i dont know what its called.

its the little window(piece of glass) in this picture(this is the side with the good one): http://home.comcast.net/~thfonz98/leftsidegood.jpg

its kinda a air deflector i guess.

whats it called and where should i start looking?

this is my first k5 and ive had it for about 2 weeks

i would like to get it fixed instead of having the pieces of glass showing that are still stuck to the window's holders.

thanks in advance(if anyone replys)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you wanted to you can remove both of them in about 3 minutes, i took mine because they always got in the way when my kids were throwing things at other drivers :blush:

3. Camorokkrwlr

Camorokkrwlr Registered Member

i have 1 if u want it 10bucks plus shipping from reno nv call if u want it 7759726895 ask 4 stan jr

4. Camorokkrwlr

Camorokkrwlr Registered Member

5. thfonz98

thfonz98 1/2 ton status

i want it!...i sent you an email

NOW.....

what do i use to get the broken glass out and get the new one in....previous owner(my granddad) say they use some type of solution that hardens up when they slide the window in and secures it in place.

btw way i dont want to remove them...i see how easy it could be if i could get the screws to budge(i used penetrating oil to get the windows back be being turnable)

6. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I think the whole window with the swivels have to be replaced. I think they are held in with a alen set screw. I've got an extra also but I'm not at home where I can look.

7. thfonz98

thfonz98 1/2 ton status

they are held into the big window with phillips, which doesnt help when they dont turn since their rusted all to hell(the rest of the truck isnt though!)

ill still get the window and see what i can do....if i cant replace it oh well. It been broken for about 8 years.

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Just so you know, brother, buying and selling is not allowed in the Garage........

9. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I had a set of the slider windows I installed in my truck, and I went back to non-sliders. The screws were impossible to get out, the wing window was loose, the latches on the windows suck, and they love to grow moss in the window sill.

Just an idea. Non-sliders would be an easy/cheap way to "fix" that problem. I don't miss them at all...with the door windows and tailgate glass all the way down, plenty of ventilation.

10. thfonz98

thfonz98 1/2 ton status

okie dokie......done