Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what do you do on a date?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lifted95z71, May 8, 2002.

1. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

i have a date with this girl that ive wanted to go out with for a while. problem is im kinda new to the whole dating thing. sad since im 24. so what does one do on a date with a very good church girl? cant go drinking or anything like that. i dont know a whole heck of a lot about her but she seams like she would be real cool with that kinda stuff.
    so anyone got any ideas?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

If it's a first date I'd say keep it mellow and casual. Go wheeling!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I'm not a fan of movies for first dates...hard to get to know each other during a movie. Maybe go roller blading...usually good for a laugh./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Rene

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'd shy away from the movie also. not a good first date idea.
    Just go get something to eat and hang out at a park or something. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    So yeah...any single 21-?? females wanna go on a date????/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I say if you really want to impress a woman then there is nothing like a 5 star restaurant. Yeah sure you have to wear a suit and tie and drop at least $200 (oh and don't be cheap on the tip). But hey you'll look classy and score major points plus you can actually be personal. Oh and always sit after the female it's polite and always have desert but keep the portions small, Trust me this works, women love to be spoiled.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Don't forget to open the door for her too!

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Damn all the "very nice school girls" I know were dirty little skanks /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ... Go to a bookstore,or out to dinner...or both /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

You find somthing with a lot of people around so she feels that she is in a safe enviroment, like amusment park? bowling? Concert? something like that.
    Dinner: nothing thats messy, like ribs, pasta, it sucks to be a slob on a first date.
    But thats just me and Im married now so all the fun is gone...
    If your a slob CLEAN your car out.
    Most of all be your self, its not worth a 2nd date if your playing a different roll just to go out with her.

OR

You just go out as a baller. Rent a limo and have it pick her up with out you in it, have it take her to a very nice resturant where you meet her with a dozen roses of 3 different colors white, red, and yellow. go to a show and have a good time. stop for some coffee and conversation, then with puppy dog eyes ask her if she can pick you up for the next date....LoL

8. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

The most important thing to do is be yourself. If you have known her for awhile and just started dating her go out and do something fun like miniature golf or what not. You can only hide someone that is not you for so long so be yourself. If it was meant to be it will happen. I am pretty outgoing so its easy for me to get along and makes cracks and start having fun...be friends first its the most important thing.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Take her wheeling and make it a fun day

10. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Well, I think the guys have the right idea. (Nice goin' guys!)

A nice restaurant (comfy and not too pretentious), pick a 97 or 99 red to go with anything but chicken or fish, then get to know the girl. If it's nice out, go for a walk after dinner (but not if she has heels). Ask her what she likes to do over dinner and maybe do that.

I also like the roller blade idea a lot... but being goofy on a date appeals to me /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

11. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

My best experiences with church girls (my specialty during the single days/forums/images/icons/wink.gif) all involved light hearted goofy stuff - nothing that really showed any non-wholesome intentions. Most I knew got a little edgy if any restaurant more pretentious than Jack in the Box or one of the local Mexican eateries was involved - a trip to one of the nicer places was equated with eternal damnation (and no need for further dates) for some reason. Start with something goofy like rollerblading as previously mentioned, and move into a one star dinner - after a few go rounds of this stuff take it up a notch to a movie (and no, Deep Throat is not considered mainstream cinema/forums/images/icons/smile.gif) and a little more elegant of dining.

Another trick I used with great success was "pseudo-stalking" - someone you know is bound to know atleast a little bit of her likes/dislikes and interests. Use this info to your advantage/forums/images/icons/wink.gif A single rose clandestinely placed under the windshield wiper of her car right before she gets off of work/ out of classes with a somewhat cryptic note is always an effective ice-breaker as well.

Just be yourself and have fun though - don't fall in the trap of trying to outdo yourself. Take the ideas you're given and customize them to suit your own style - we have our faith in you Brother!!!

12. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Kinda cheesy--but the girl im "seeing" now is bada$$---she love working on cars and i just got her "into" big trucks and the outdoor wheeling aspect of it---one of our first dates was a fairly nice dinner (nothing TOO fancy) and after the dinner I took her out in the truck out to my favorite wheelin/kickback place and just sat and talked next to a little fire till 3 in the a.m.-----now she wants to go rock crawlin in Las Cruses /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

13. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I think that going out to eat is a good way of getting to know eachother. You are doing something (eating) so your not just sitting there looking at eachother, and you can chat. Im not a big fan of movies eather, at least not on a first date becuase your just sitting in the dark not talking and not looking at eachother.
    This may sound silly but how about something to eat and then bowling? Or go play some laser tag, or mini golf. Those are fun things to do and you get to know eachother at the same time.
    After that, if there is a second date you will know her more and maybe know more about the things she likes to do and what shes ok with. Maybe then you can go out drinking or dancing???

14. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

great ideas everyone! also one more little think. being right at 5' and 95 lb-ish (yes shes 22) shis girl is going to have a heck of a time getting in any of my trucks. mybuds k5 on 33s is the closest to the ground and he offered to let me use it. it also has no seat covers and deer blood stains in the back and a serious funk to it. not going to use it! chances are she will be wearing a skirt and not want to climb into my nicer (no giant blood stains and deer gut smell) 4x4s. i already asked my best friend if i could borrow her new bmw and i think we all know how that got answered. so how lame would it be if i just took my mom buick for the night? how about just through a cooler or something for her to step on into the Z71 bed? ...oh and not to change teh subject but does anyone know of a real good driveshaft building place?

15. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I wouldn't think the step would be bad, just make it a sturdy one, nothing her shoes(if she is wearing heels) will get caught in, like a milk crate. a cooler would work.

As for the drive line.. is there a six -states there?
    other then that theres a phone book, or go to national hook up with High Angle Drivelines

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

So you're saying that Strip Poker and a bottle of Mr. Daniels' finest would not exactly be first date material?

17. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

No movies... the first date is designated for getting to know each other.. try bowling or putt putt or something like that. You'll have a lot of fun and get to know each other in the process.

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Let me tell you, be as yourself and open as possible, and above all, make sure you're relaxed! Don't be nervous, but don't be overconfident.

I don't think the buick will be bad, but the Z71 will probably look better... More opportunity for chivalry there, too, if you have to run over and set up the step for her each time.

Good luck, I hope everything goes well!

19. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

When you do decide to take her to a movie, or even rent one, make sure you get "Free Willy" and then while the movie title comes on, go ahead and "free your willy!" /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

To give her some smooth lines, tell her, "you have peanut butter legs."
    She will look at you funny and you will explain to her, "you have peanut butter legs. They are smooth, creamy and easy to spread!" /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

20. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't want to climb into a truck with a skirt. Most girls wouldn't. Get the buick or rent a compact car. If she's wearing pants for a casual date, then I'd think your truck would be perfect.