Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you do when you realize someone never paid you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Mar 30, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It's a small amount... like about $90 I never got paid on a deal. I've been so busy, I forgot about it. And I'll admit, I did take forever to round up the parts I sent and get them shipped out.

I guess I took a risk, assuming it was someone from on here that contacted me through e-mail, but never even knowing their screen name on here.

This all happened like last October, and I just remembered it. Communication was fine, until I was told in the last e-mails the check was sent, and I never did get it, and then no more responses after that.

Anyone live in or near Baytown, Texas?

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Have you tried contacting the guy?

There are a few people on here from that area.. it's just east of Houston.

3. mountainexplorer

I think I e-mailed him back twice after I never got the check he said he sent. And I never heard back either time. Last e-mail I got from him was Nov. 15th. I didn't save copies of the e-mails I sent him though.

I figure it's just a lost cause, partially cause I never immediately pursued it. And also cause I took so long to get it sent to him. I actually paid a friend to box the stuff up and ship it out cause I didn't have the time, so even if I got paid the $96.86 for the parts and shipping costs, I wouldn't have made anything really.

I feel bad for taking so long, as I often do, so if he'd at least have said something back like "you taking so long was a hassle for me and I don't feel I should have to pay you the full amount", I'd have been ok with that. But I never did get a reply back. I don't even know what made me remember this even. Probably just the fact that now I could use any of that money very badly for this weekend.

4. mountainexplorer

Wow, I did take forever. His first inquiry was August 25th, 2004. Early September we agreed on what I was sending (clutch pedal assembly, manual clutch linkage, and a 350 manual flywheel); on Sept 16th, 04, I sent pictures of all the parts I was sending. Then I sent it out... and on Oct. 8th he said that the post office had received the box.

So it took me like a month and a half to round up the parts and get them to him. Thats why I told him to hold off on sending me the money until I sent the parts to him. But maybe I should have taken the money first.

5. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Yes I've been *** before too. Except it was out of a tranny/t-case combo. I met a guy in a city 4 hours out of my way each direction through miserable traffic to sell him a th400 core for $50 and a th400/np208 combo for $300. I get there and he suddenly remembers he forgot to ask his friend if he wanted the combo. Now I had just spent 4 hours driving through hell on earth traffic and had another 4 hours of it ahead of me and $50 did not justify that trip to me. I agreed to leave the combo with him and he would get his friend to send me the money later. Got an email from the friend later saying he didnt want the tranny and I can come get it. WTF. I was wicked pissed and did not want to make another trip to that hellhole of a town so for all I know he still has it. I sure as hell wont ever do anything like that again.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2005
  6. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Maybe not the same thing but we sale puppies of different kinds. Our home business. It is alright to tell these people you meet that if you do not get the (?). There will be a charge for meeting to let you look. If you make the trip to my house the looking is free. The place we meet most people is 20 to 45 min depending on traffic. we ask 25 dollars if they do not purchase. I feel it is worth this for my time gas and bringing up to five puppies out for someone to see. If i were meeting someone more than 30 minutes away i would understand needing to help compensate some for time and gas. Very few exception to cash first. If holding then a small deposit is required. I know if you do not meet or send things to people everyday you do not think about asking for a meeting fee or making sure the money is in your hand before mailing or giving someone the item but that is how it is now days.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

tell them to look at jesse james hands. ( pay up sucker )