Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what do you do with old loaded shotgun shells ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Jul 13, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i found two yellow 7 1/2" live and loaded shotgun shells in the 77 when we were cutting it up yesterday, what do i do with these ??? im afraid theyre gonna go off or something, cant throw them away or anything or bury them, what do i do ? i need to rid of them
    throw them in the creek ?

or ?

thanks

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I take all my old, usable stuff that i find or have to the local cop shop. They will get rid of it for you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Throw them in a bucket of water, let them soak over night, open them up and throw them in the trash.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Throw them in a bon fire and take cover.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Throw them in a bon fire and take cover.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, lol.. im crazy and becoming more and more crazy every day, or well.... hour it seems lately.. but not THAT crazy! hah!
    i almost thought ofr a second to throw them in trash berrel but a split second later i thought that was too crazy, so...

good one though /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

thanks

6. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

lay them on their side and shoot at the primer with a BB gun............behind good cover of couse. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I've done that with good shells before when i was younger....it was fun /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

soak them in gas, then light them, voila, no more shell... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif but if you soak them in water, and cut them up and throw em out..

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

man, you guys crazy.. lol

is it safe to cut the palstic part of the shells and drain the pellets out ? then is it all safe enough to toss in trash ? i know very little about guns and ammo, i know what a shotgun shell is and what a .22 round is and a deer slug too,

oh and i also found a .22 round in the heater vent of the truck, but i threw it out in the yard, hmm.. what if lawn mower hits it ? i shoulda removed the bullet first, hmm

my bad..

anyonem want to mow my yard while i drive a few miles away ?

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    is it safe to cut the palstic part of the shells and drain the pellets out ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. The primer, the small cylinder looking thing in the center of the brass part, that is the ignition source for the powder. If that gets smashed and goes off, then BOOM!!!!!! Round goes off. But you can safely cut off the end of the plastic and drain the pellets out. Poor man's blanks.....

11. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Im not trying to hijack the thread but I have several boxes of shells that are probably 25-30 years old. The gun shop said they would take them but I was wondering if its safe to move and transport them. Do the shells get "unstable" /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Never had a problem with shells being unstable, but if you don't know what kind of environment they were stored in, then you may have problems with them getting wet and not going off, rusting up and stuff like that.

There's not that much to a round. Primer, case, powder, and the round/rounds itself. Shotgun shells had a wad (been awhile) that was plastic if I remember right.

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    There's not that much to a rod. Prime him, cease it, and get poodered, and the pound/pounds itself. Squirtcum smells, I had a wad (been awhile) that was before my surgery if I remember right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Bubba.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

You are truly a sick puppy.......

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    oh and i also found a .22 round in the heater vent of the truck, but i threw it out in the yard, hmm.. what if lawn mower hits it ? i shoulda removed the bullet first, hmm

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, that sounds like something I did once! I left a 22 bullet in the back yard when I was a kid. My dad hit it with the mower and it fired, right through the back door. Glass exploded and everything. Boy, did I get in trouble for that! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

17. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, that sounds like something I did once! I left a 22 bullet in the back yard when I was a kid. My dad hit it with the mower and it fired, right through the back door. Glass exploded and everything. Boy, did I get in trouble for that! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

serious ????

ok welp its official then im not mowing my yard, someone else will be and ill be faaar away, ill hire the neighbor to mow it next few times /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

thanks!

18. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Yep, no kidding. I was sitting in there watching TV, too. That sucker went though a 4-pane door,shattered the first 3 panes! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

19. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

serious ????

ok welp its official then im not mowing my yard, someone else will be and ill be faaar away, ill hire the neighbor to mow it next few times /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
    um why not just go find it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

20. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

serious ????

thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
    um why not just go find it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well.. yeah i agree. i totally would... but.. one minor problem. i dont remember at all what part of the proprty i threw it at.... or how far i threw it even., hmmmmm

how in the crack can i find a little .22 round out here when theres tons of scrap vehicle debris and grass and gravela nd stuff out here too ?

good luck ! talk about needle in a haystack, sh*t....

lol.