Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you guys think about a 73 1/2 ton truck with a 454/ TH400 2wd.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BILLY RAY, Jul 19, 2002.

1. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Today I picked up a 73 1/2 ton long bed 2wd truck with a 454 that has been rebuilt and a Th400 trans. in it. I did not think a 1/2 ton came stock with a 454 back then. Man this thing sure sh!ts and gets it. The body is in real good shape but has a little rust on the pass. door. The paint is ok but has a couple of bad spots. I will try to post some pics. this week. But tell me any thing you can tell me about this old beast /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Thanks for any feeed back.
    By the way did I say that I gave $950.00 for it. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I have seen a truck for sale down here that was 73 ish that had a 454 emblem in the grill with 5lug axle's. I didn't stop to look though. Sweet deal especially for being in good shape /forums/images/icons/grin.gif .

3. gallup

gallup Registered Member

I think you got a good deal, but if you don't think that motor came in that truck I will come and get it from ya! Better yet, I'll give ya a grand for the whole package!!!$$$

4. littlebubba

littlebubba 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you got a bargain, I would of given that just for the engine and trans. And if it is a true Texas truck (been there since new) the body has to be in decent shape from a rust standpoint. Any options on it? What model is it?

5. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

Hey Y'all,
    My mom had a 75 sub factory 454 factory 5 lug. It was the "camper special"
    I also met another fella across town, that got ahold of a 75ish 5 lug 454 equiped long bed automatic. So yea there was a few built,not sure how many though. Maybe this'll help ya.

6. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

sounds like you got a good deal, and yes there were some factory 454 1/2 tons, check out www.67-72chevytrucks.com for a pretty damn good 73-87 truck forum, NOW im not trying to take you away from this site, its a good site, obviously i visit it, i am just trying to help you get the info you want.