Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you guys think of this truck F/S

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 6.2puller, Dec 20, 2004.

1. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

Thinking of getting myself a christmas gift. Kinda getting ansi about the 83 and 86s as my only daily drivers. Thinking this baby might be just the answer. I like that it doesn't look like a work truck but still has the grunt under the hood.
    Anything to look at on this? Not really familiar with the IFS or 6.5l
    http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/i...r_id=null&dealer_id=53131983&car_id=175386685

2. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

193K miles, that's getting up there. With that many miles, it may not be any more reliable than your older trucks that you already know. That '96 model will also have the computer-controlled injection pump, which the aftermarket still hasn't been able to make reliable. Price isn't too bad, but not great either.

If you're wanting something newer for reliability reasons, this probably wouldn't be the one to get. If you're just wanting something newer for more room and comfort, this would be pretty good.

Casey

3. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

I would go check it out. The pic does not look to be the truck in the description. IIRC in 96 you could not get the 6.5 in a 1/2T truck. Those wheels are 1/2T wheels. GM also only offered short beds in the light duty 3/4T (6 lugs) and the 1/2T.

Good luck on the truck, I have been looking for a 6.5 powered Sub, and they are running about 12K here in UT. If you can pic this one up that cheap it probably wouldn't be a bad thing.