Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you guys think

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scotty1, May 14, 2002.

1. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

I found a 89 Burb 4x4 with 1 ton axles, 454 EFI, TH 400 trans,weld wheels, 39" MTs, front guard with winch, looks to be lifted about 10". He wants $12500, it is a brute. What do you guys think, is it worth it? I need to call and find more particulars.

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

For 12,500 it better be in immaculant condition! Fresh paint, new engine with less than 3,000...generally all new stuff with reciepts and original owner. (just my opinion) Then again if it were me I'd find a burban 4x4 with a decent body for around 2-3000 and build the 454 myself put the lift and tires myself, even the 1 ton stuff and paint and still probably come out ahead and have all the fun doing it myself.

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I'm with Josh on that - screw spending all that $$$$$! Just go get a clean bodied sub, lift, 454, rims/tires, and be in the same position for a fraction of the price. Just my .02

-Dan

4. kilroy

kilroy Registered Member

I think it's to nice of a day to be at work.

12,500 is a bit rich, it had better be very very trick.

5. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

I called and left a message, hope to get more info and pictures, my plan was to get a straight and sound truck and do it the way I want it but if he would take a cash deal I might do that too. I would not need this much truck but it is pretty zoot.

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Find out more about it..... cuz it might not be that bad of a deal if you yourself want those toys and are like me don't have the tools of knowledge to get there yourself yet. Anyhow look at the exhaust, engine, paint, winch and everything else. Is there a cage, how nice is the inside, kinda of stereo, what type of suspension?.... Crud to find a Dana 60 here it's like $1500 bucks and usually not even cleaned up! If it seems like a nice truck and the guy has reciepts and stuff try to talk him down to $10k. Add up how much to make a ride you want if you bought everything and did it yourself and see like I said what this offers.... if it's got everything then it could be worth it if it's all you want and it would cost way less to buy it then build it.... just my 2 cents.....

7. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

I don’t think it is that far of the mark – good paint ,body motor dana 60 ect front guard with winch, it could be close but we need more info miles is it clean and some pic? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif