Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you guys think?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by derek2002, Aug 27, 2000.

1. derek2002

derek2002 1/2 ton status

First of all, will a 74 Blazer body bolt onto my 1985 Blazer frame? B/C this is what I am thinking... My dad has an old 74 Blazer just sitting at the property. I have already stripped out the harness, b/c I thought he was throwing it away. I want to take that body, weld the hell out of it to make it drivable- weld the doors & tailgate shut, take off the top, strip the interior and just put in a keyed ignition switch and momentary starter switch plus headlight switches and blinker switches. Then I want to spray it with that $1.50/can rubberized under coating to give it the look of sprayed on bedliner for the cheap boys. I have a 454, 400 tranny, 205 case, and 3/4 ton axles under my Blazer chassis. Do you think that would be bad as hell b/c I wouldnt have to worry about wrecking [censored], or do you think it would be gay? Give me some insight, guys. Thanks!

Later,

-Derek
    1977 3/4 Ton & Blazer Project (Body Needed)
    http://www.4chevy.com

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Sounds way cool to me! Like they say on TV.......just do it!! I'm sure you can get the body on there without too much difficulty.......it's not like anything is gonna be stock....if it gets in the way delete it. Good luck! Keep us informed.....and add a good cage!

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Sounds like a way cool project![​IMG]
    Do it!
    Make sure to post some pics!

[​IMG]

4. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

If you are planning on wheeling it I would consider not welding the doors and tailgate on, but just remove them. Here is my reasoning:
    1) Weight-If and when you lift the truck the less weight you have up high the better your center of gravity, the less tippy you will be out on the rocks.
    2)Accesibility- If the truck is lifted and the doors are on it will be difficult to put things in or get things out of your truck. Especially when your out on the trail and all twisted up and you need to get to the strap or to a part when you need to , lets say, pull out a fellow wheeler.
    3)Visibilty- I have been wheeling for a little over ten years, and have owned a jeep, a yota, a fullsize longbed, and this is my third Blazer. Seeing over the hood is probably the biggest set back that I can fibd with my truck. It makes wheeling whole lot harder for us fullsize guys. So having the doors off has given me the ability to see things under my truck and have a better idea of what is going on with the truck when I am wheeling.
    That is just my .02 see ya and good luck.

[​IMG]

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I dont think that body will bolt up to an 80's frame(and maybe late 70's frame, not sure though). On the 80's frame there is a rise where the back seat starts. This was done to create more leg room for the back seat passengers. But the body may go on with some modification. Sounds cool though.

[​IMG] Sept 1