Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you have left to do before MWSK5T 03??

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by BIGJ, Jan 24, 2003.

1. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

I just got finished mounting the 42's and I still have to trim the fenders again. I hope to have a cage finished by then, and maybe a doubler if i can scrape up the $$$.

From the looks of it, everyone else is really busy too. Todd has a rockwell and suspension project, Neil has a doubler to finish, Layne has some 42s' to mount. Tyler's got a rockwell project too, and Dan has just put in FI on his 454. Anyone else got a major project going right now?

April is just three months away you know /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Of course I know we will all put it off until the last minute, but I thought I'd ask anyway /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BIGJ

2. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Time keeps on tickin', tickin', tickin'......

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Lets see nv4500 done, d60 with arb done, 14 bolt with locker done, 203/205 done, TPI done, on-board air done. 1 ton drive shafts done, Need to replace the rt side rocker has some rust I may get to that may not Realy want to fit a burban 40 gal fuel tank or a custom 40 + fuel tank done have to get it done for this run but do for the summer trip to Utah.

4. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

As you stated, I have a set of 42's to mount. I haven't even got the rims yet. Then I will have to trim the fenders and rocksliders. Just got the parts from AA to mount the NP203 to the NV4500. NP203 to NV4500 Hope to have the doubler in by then.

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Actually, I have a Doubler Project, TBI install, and Motor install all in one month. I am starting tomorrow on a month long journey to get the K5 done ahead of shed-ule. Layne told me I should make a KC4wDA run at Manhattan next month and I may take the challenge. Gives me some incentive.

On another note. I need to get on the ball about getting more vendors for prizes. My new job doesnt allow the flexibility for calling at work as much. My plan is to get the event fliers done this weekend along with my Doubler "kick off" installation. I will mail out vendor packets to those I have contacted. So far we have Superlift, Hi-Lift, ORD, 4x4 Adventure and numerous maybe's. Still havent chatted with Mo-Offroad or ColoradoK5 to see if they are interested. Need to check with 4x4 Iron as well - they would be a good company to add to the vendors list.

Layne gave me a good idea - Mechanix Wear Gloves and aparrel. I still have a checklist full of ideas, just need to get on the ball.

Oh and one more Jeff - Still have some rock sliders to install! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif The list keeps growing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Get the D44 put together and installed, get the rest of the crossover parts and install, install rear shock crossmember, finish lines on 14FF disc swap, get longer front driveshaft. I hope it gets warmer I am trying to make the KC4WDA run in feb. for testing purposes.

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Swapping all my stuff over to my new K5, getting the bugs worked out, taking a day off work, installing a hitch in the pickup bed, and finding a gooseneck to rent that will hold 2 K5s for the trip! All in all, not too much. LOL

8. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Rebuild the 205, better passenger seat mount, look hard at the steering, find a spare, upgrade recovery points, get the truck inspected and registered here in MO and oh yeah .. sign up.

Mudzer .. I noticed that seat belts are required by the park. You think I'll have problems with OE lap belts (shoulder belts optional in 72). If not, I might be attending as a passenger. Any one got room?

9. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Neil,
    Let me know when you are working on this stuff...give me a ring ! If you want to waste time..Feb 8or9..we should check out "our site" and see if there is any trouble to be made. Do you need to order that tierod end still?
    Blake

10. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I need to nail down a tow rig! The ORV park is 13 hours from me........

ANY ONE GOT ROOM ON THEIR TRAILER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

11. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Yes Blake, I need to order the tierod end. When do you work?

Bryan, I didn't know you were going to stop by and haul my K5 down to Arkansas! That is very nice of you. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Chris, I think your lap belts will be fine.

Brent, you should plan on driving to Columbia, MO via 63 south and we will convoy down to Hot Springs. You could even drive down early and stay at my place if you wanted to break the trip up into two days.

12. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a plan to me. I just dont think I will be able to break 60 MPH so be sure to wait up for me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Neil,
    I work this wednesday night from 5-8. All my other shifts are gone because they are cutting back on hours at all Autozones. The college kid gets his hours cut first ! I will be gone saturday afternoon and probably sunday. But if you want to order that stuff any time this week or saturday morning, i can meet you at the store. It's only 2 miles away from me!
    Blake

14. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Here is my list...

#1 - Get the 89 3/4 ton Burb working (needs a motor) so it can haul the K5 that will be sporting:
    #2 - WTO Hydro Assist
    #3 - 42" TSLs!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    #4 - customefis.com EFI kit on the BBC!
    #5 - a list of other minor things... and a short list of ultra sweet top secret mod that is still in the works. This one may or may not be installed for this trip, but I've got my hopes up! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

All that, and I think I may go thru the 454 once too to make sure its solid. I've got a leaky valve cover, and some miles on that bad boy... time to clean it up a bit.

So looks like YET AGAIN, I've given myself a TALL ORDER to fill for this meet in Apirl... on the 11th! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Better stop typing and start wrenching!

Oh yea, and I can't forget that I have to help Brian (Laketex) in Feb to covert his two vehicles into one! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Dan