Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you prefer full conv or half conv Blazer if you had the choice

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73K5Kid, Nov 16, 2002.

1. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Finally got around to taking the top off my 73. There is nothing like driving with the top off. Here in Tempe AZ our average high has been in the 75-80 degree range. I have owned a jeep and a conv camaro. But this is the best conv I have owned yet. My wife likes the K5 so much she always wants to take it. She loves to drive it as much as I do. Pics coming soon. What do you guys and gals prefer. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Full conv. all the way /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But out here in the rust belt those are a rare find /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Lets see some pics!

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Full convert' for me...even though it rains half the time around here and it's too dang cold right now!

4. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

I will post some pics as soon as my buddy returns my cam. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Stock daily driver that I was going to keep the top on, half top. Hobby / trail rig, full convertible.

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've had some of each. The full convertible is awesome when the top is off, but they also leak and rattle much more than the half-convertible style when the top is on the truck. I really enjoy taking the top off of the '75 for trail runs. Around town and on the highway you get a lot of wind buffeting with the top off of it though. The air doesn't flow over the top nicely, it just comes over the windshield and swirls around your head. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif But the cool factor just seems to be totally absent when you remove the top from a half-convertible.

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

When the weather is right the Full convert all the way!
    When the weather is wrong (too hot and humid or rain) My wifes 79 that has A/C.
    I have only removed the top on the 79 twice in the 5 years we have owned it. It wasn't even take off and driven, just slid back trying to fix a leaking seal. I may make that ruck my daily drive and I doubt that I will ever take the top off it. Just doesn't seem to be worth the effort without have the roof gone over the driver. I'm thinking about installing a sun roof in it if I make it my DD. I would put a Power roof from something like a RX7 that slides over the roof so it can still be enjoyed without having to pop out glass and storing it.

8. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I bought a '73 for parts, it was beat beyond saving, and took the top off and drove it once. That was all it took, I end up keeping it.

9. RedBrute

RedBrute 1/2 ton status

I like my '87, but have always loved the looks of the 1st gens more. They look best with top off, but then most things do /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My first K5 was a 72. I currently own a 76. I like them both. I did love driving the 72 topless, that is so kewl. I like the 76 for the overhead light bar. After I get this 76 built the way I want it, I'm going too start looking for another 72. It'll be fun having them both. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif