Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by AzzKicker, Mar 27, 2003.

1. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

Situation.

I need a CB radio, and Antenna, with a home station. OR a SETUP like that.

I want to be able to communicate with my dad from my house to wherever he's driving around. What do you guys recommend. Range can be anywhere from 0-30miles.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you're just talking CB, a good radio for a base is a Uniden Washington. There's a shitload of them out there and you can buy used unit fairly cheap (Look on Ebay for them). Easy to modifie for extras if you ever want to. For a antenna, I have a IMAX 2000. Great omni-directional base antenna !!!!! Here's a review on the IMAX 2000 Get it up as high as you can. By the way, I talk 75 to 100 miles everynight with mine. Ofcorse I'm talking on sideband. 30 to 40 miles on AM shouldn't be a problem with the IMAX 2000

3. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

What CB radio for the truck would you recommend? Someting maybe under 200.00

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Again, you can get some pretty good deals on Ebay. For a "CB" I've always liked the Cobra 148 , or Uniden Grant. Both have Sideband. You'll be able to talk futher on sideband. For the antenna, I've always liked the 102" stainless steel whip, but if that's too big, my second choice would be a K40.