Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you say when someone calls your blazer a bronco?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k2-k5, Jul 1, 2004.

1. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

It pisses me off. How can a Bronco have more brand name recognition then a chevy blazer /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I'd get really mad. People have called my Jimmy a bronco, it makes me mad /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I tell them it's an F'N Blazer not a F'N Bronco!!!!

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I them off and say, "BLAZER!" /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i have had to correct a few people.mine is a first gen so in some ways does look similar to the full size bronco in the late 70's.it would probably help if i had some chevy emblems on my truck.i syill ahvnt restored any of thet yet.

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

A: give them a shitty look and walk away....

B: when my younger cousin called it a bronco for three days straight.... I hog tied him drew a chevy symbol and the word BLAZER backwards on his forehead and sat him in front of the hall mirror for an hour.... (his dad is a big ford guy so he didn't like coming to pickup his kid that had a chevy emblem on his forhead /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif), to this day he calls it a CHEVY Blazer /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i usually ignore them like they are not even there. if they can't call my blazer a "blazer" i don't uusually have the patience to answer their dumb question.

ie "man those are some big ass tires on your bronco, what kind are they?"

i just walk away it isn't worth it. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

8. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

A female friend once called my blazer a "van".... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

THen again, she called my pickup a van too.

9. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I get pissed and walk away...

UNLESS...

Unless it is a cute girl that doesn't know anybetter then I sit her down, explain the difference (mostly the fact that Ford blow monkey chunks) and then take her for a ride. At that point she either askes when she can go for a rids agian, or we exchange numbers, or if it is a good night, she comes to my house to see my 355 I am building /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    Chris

10. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I guess it depends if you know what they are driving.

Guy I know was at a car show with his Buick GN. Guy next to him (had a Mustang there) said "nice Monte Carlo". He replied "Nice Fairmont".

11. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

We all can thank in part to OJ Simpson. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

My girlfriend calls my blazer a "car" all the time and I hate it. I always tell her that I don't own a car but I do have a Blazer.

12. fortcollinsram

[ QUOTE ]

Guy I know was at a car show with his Buick GN. Guy next to him (had a Mustang there) said "nice Monte Carlo". He replied "Nice Fairmont".

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I usually just laugh at them, then when they ask "what??? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif", I continue to laugh and say "it ain't a bronco it's a blazer". Usually they realize they have nothing more to talk about.

It's kinda' off subject, but I hate it when people asked "is that thing 4 wheel drive" when I had a truck that had 10" lift and 39.5" swampers. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

14. fortcollinsram

Sadl enough, I have seen plenty of 2wd trucks with huge lifts and tires...I saw one on College Ave. last night and he was trucking down the road hanging out the window thinking he was hot sh!t. I ROASTED him at the next light we were next to each other at...he wasn't so cocky then

15. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Oddly enough a girl at work this morning. I just tell them it is a BLAZER and let it go. Sadly, she drives a Yukon and should know better. Other people you just gotta look 'em straight in the eye and glare when you enunciate BLAZER. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

you know whos got it worse than us is the guys who drive Scouts. even novice 4wheelers think they are broncos. i've seen quite a few that have bumper stickers that read: "Its not a F*ckin' Bronco!"

theres a guy in my town thats got a 4" lift and 35" boggers on his 2wd dodge ram. it just makes me laugh. i bet the crappy mileage and ride makes up for the increased offroad-ability. at least they are only about 400$ more than a set of M/T's. money well spent.

most of those newer chevys that are 2wd with monster lift and tires almost make sense. unless you do a SFA swap that IFS will grenade if you try to wheel it.
    better off with a 3/4 2wd with a 14b in the rear. they are all posers anyway.

17. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Registered Member

Most of the time I ask them how they can disrespect a chevy like that. The worst was when this guy who drives nothing but GM called it a bronco. But you got to laugh at this one, when I went into autozone and said 86 full size blazer, and she started looking under the fords and couldn't find it. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I just left after that.

18. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i just went thru a bunch of that in my 3 month Blazer search.. i had everyone on the lookout and had multiple peeps come back to me with "i saw a nice Bronco for sale"

grrrrrrr..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. jrsheets

jrsheets Registered Member

For most people its the first thing they say when they come over. I say hey its a blazer, then they try to say how much they look like each other, except they don't, i tell them the only thing they have in common is that they are old and they have tops that cover the bed. Thats where similarity ends, and then i tell them they have led a pathetic life and I forget they exist. I also have no emblems and i shouldn't NEED them, JEEZE

20. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

You guys are just over sensitive. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    After owning a couple of broncos and Blazers I get them mixed up all the time and call my Blazer a Bronco. I had both a Bronco and Blazer at the same time. The keep it straight I just called them the Ford and the Chevy.
    I dont care what people call mt rig, as long as it aint POS.
    I'm the only one who has that privlige /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif