Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you think about this new Jeg's distributor?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Dudge, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Dudge

Dudge 1/2 ton status

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_755778_-1_10679

I've been looking to beef up my stock ignition. This would be cheaper than upgrading my stock one.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...925143+4294839065+4294881256+115&autoview=sku

Just noticed this one too. It looks pretty similar to me. Anyone know if the quality is good? I'm trying to get by with spending the least amount of dough as possible. Any opinions are welcome.

2. barneybasher1010

barneybasher1010 1/2 ton status

3. Dudge

Dudge 1/2 ton status

I wondered about these. Have you installed yours? How does it do? How's the quality?

4. mattman4x4

mattman4x4 1/2 ton status

Hi I bought the jegs distributer...it was a big waste of time and money. It did not fit into the oil pump drive shaft. the output that intersects the oil pumpshaft is total square. my oil pump in my 350 was shaped like a flat head screwdriver.
    needless to say it did not fit...and jegs told me that my engine was not a chevy 350...then gave me a very hard time returning it.

just one guys experience with that product.

5. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

6. Dudge

Dudge 1/2 ton status

I've heard mixed emotions on the Procomp (ebay) distributors. I'm kinda scared of them. Has anyone ran an ACCEL HEI?

7. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I bought an accell HEI for my 4.3l V6 in my '86 C10. Drop in replacment whole distributor. Been on there for 1.5 years and 35k mi, no troubles at all. They don't come with coils, those are extra, I used an accell hei coil.
    Oh, wait, now that I think about it, there was one problem, the lip for the hei cap, the little tang that's cast into the distributor base so the cap lines up properly, it was 180 off. So that put my wiring on the opposite end and the vacuum advace pointing at the firewall.I did call them about it, the distributors for the 4.3L were new at the time, they admitted they only tested on bench engines and didn't notice, so perhaps they changed them now. I think the v8 ones would be ok though.
    No problems with it though, works great.