Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what do you think about this

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bandit, Mar 9, 2001.

1. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

OK heres one for ya i currently have a 75 blazer my only problem is my frame is bent to heck and my tub s rusted out but i have a 74 parts blazer with a good frame and rusted body i was thinking of takeing that frame and puting a pickup cab on it then building a little falt bed for i was also thinking of trying to move the gas tank forward and cut some of the frame off the back also i would build the flatbed super strong to work as a roll bar then put a roll cage inside the cab that would bolt to the flat bed?? does this sound liek a good idea or do you think it would be stupid

Bandit
    (Your right i dont understand the jeepthing)

2. FWP

FWP CRS

How bad is the body on the 74? Maybe just repair it, using donor stuff from the 75. Or....Do the flatbed thing- that's not stupid, just something you want to do- Go for it if that's what you want[​IMG]. I don't get the flatbed as a rollbar concept however[​IMG].... Maybe it's late and I'm tired.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

Ill try and get some drawings of waht the flatbed/rollbar would looked liek but not to night

Bandit
    (Your right i dont understand the jeepthing)

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I have a friend who has a 72 blazer and rolled it. He had another 72 truck body and just installed the cab onto the blazer frame. He built a flat bed for it and later lifted it and installed 33" tires. The truck/blazer looks real good. We all call it the "blick-up", for the cross between pick up and blazer.