Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what do you think about welfare?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by K5Greek, Mar 14, 2007.

1. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

personally i have no problem with someone using it aslong as they need it. but i work in a grocery store and i notice all kinds of chit..

i dont think you should be able to buy junk with that card. its for you to keep your family fed and provide some extra assistance with the food bill.. ive seen people buy nothing but chips, soda, twinkies and all other kinds of crap.

the other day i had someone come through my line with nothing but soda and junk food and spent about $50 and put it on food stamps.

theres a cash part on the card too that pays for non food crap, and what do they do? take it for some focking cigarettes :angry1:

i dunno i just dont get it...

yea i had a bad experience today :mad:

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

The theme song to "All In The Family" comes to mind when I see or hear the word welfare.

Think about the song and its quote about "welfare state"...

3. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

For me,

1) ONLY Legal citizens should be allowed in the program.

2) Producers (people who work or have worked) should have first dibs and get all of the programs.

3)Non-producers (employable but unemployed people) who suck off the system should get the least amount of selected few programs and only have it for two years max.

4) Do away with the Disabilities Act program.

BTW, doing numbers 1, 3, and 4 would save approx. one TRILLION dollars a year!!!!

4. 1-tonmudder

1-tonmudder 1/2 ton status

Ill take it,where do I sign???:D

I say a guy one time that was buying a 12 pack/carton of cigs,and 5 lotto tickets,and some food on his card,but made his kid put back the honey bun because they "could'nt afford it".

5. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

x292896147237345 cant believe i forgot that.. i hate it too because they all act like they dont know how to use the card and sit there and swipe like 50 times.. they dont ask for help at all just stand there

but yea i pretty much agree with what you say

6. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

:mad: i just dont get it...

7. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

8. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

Stood in line watched the bill get paid with food stamps, then watched them get into a lincoln Navigator. I have a friend who sorta works in that area and she says it's such a joke what people get away with.

Also, do you think mandatory birth control should be implemented for those on welfare? I mean if you cant afford what you got now why bring in more mouths?

I think welfare is a good idea if it goes to what it is supposed to, but we all know it hardly reaches it's intended target

9. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I think they should raise the amount, so i can afford to buy more pot and other illegal drugs for recreational use on the weekends:doah: :haha:

10. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I used to think that too. Then I got sick, without my disablity pay we would have definately lost our house, we still may, but it sure helps and yes I am trying to earn money now and doing all I can.

For the most part though I think welfare sucks, welfare needs to be a hand up not a hand out.

11. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

exactly its there to help you.. i actually had an older man come through my line with a foodstamps card. i felt bad for the man when he had to pay you could tell he was embarrased and he told me he never thought he would need this.. but like you said stuff happens and im glad that there is something to assist people.. i just cant believe how far its gotten out of hand'

**ive also seen a person pay with food stamps then get into their h2 with 24" rims.. funny thing is on the way home from work i always drive by that persons house and the hummer is there along with an escalade

12. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

I think people that are too fat, and their ankles can't support them, should not be on welfare, just a diet! Them my aunt, who died of cancer, husband left her (when she was dying, A$$hole!) had a F*cking problem getting it! To support 3 kids, And she worked her butt off her whole life!

All these lazy bums that don't want to work get it handed too them.

Like unemployment. The only time I needed it (for 3 months), they said NO! I paid out for how many years? Working 3 jobs at a time! But lazy bob can have it for years!

13. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Are you talking on a Federal level or State level? I'm refering to the Federal Bill.

There's a big difference.

14. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Its there to help people in a tight spot. Are there people that will take advantage? Yes. Should we penalize all of the people that really need it? No. The fact is that the system could use some repair, but it is necessary and you will only notice he bad in th store. The people that really need it and are doing the right thing go unoticed.

15. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

im not saying there should be any penalties.. but i dont think food stamps should cover junk food and everything else thats not really food..

when people use their cards it will seperate the non food items from the food items and pay for them.. im sure there is some way to include sodas chips and all the other crap in there.. i just dont think that if your a person in need these things need to be purchased.

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I'm all for safety nets... but I get very annoyed when someone needs a safety net due to their own irresponsibility. Example: I sock away every $ I can in retirement funds... in my Roth, I can take the $ I put in out with no fees if I get in a **** sandwhich... and I try to maintain an emergency savings also. If I get in trouble, I am in a position to help myself. IMO, the VAST majority of Americans can afford to do this (I should know, most people make more $ than I do!)... but they choose not to. Why put money in a roth or savings, when you can buy a new truck, or go to Disney World every other year, or go on a cruise, or buy a bigger house than you can afford or whatever. It bugs me when people who are irresponsible with their money blow it on all kinds of "fun" non-need stuff and then when a bump in the road comes along they want my poor ass to bail them out via my tax money. Total bull****.

j

17. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I have some very strong opinions on welfare.
    Mandatory drug testing.
    1 year limit on benefits.
    After 2 kids, no more extra money.
    Previous work history.
    Financial audits.
    Citizens only.
    These are for people in their working years. I am not going to say an 85 year old widow can't have some help. But I'll be damned if some 23 year old with 4 kids should be allowed to do nothing and expect everything.

Like I've said before, it is the sense of entitlement that is ruining our country.

18. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Just like any other state or federal "assistance" program, it is abused by lazy mother****ers.:mad:
    I think you should have to either be in a schooling program or some other type of program that let's you "earn" the benefit. Fock this handout bull****.:mad:
    And hell yes, if you are not a legal citizen (and I don't mean green card holder), then you don't get it either. Then again, I believe an illegal alien "needs a killin'" and ought to be fair game.:doah: :mad: :haha: :haha:

John

19. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Welfare mothers, make great lovers.:haha: Sorry I had too.

20. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

You know, you do have a point....:D