Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what do you think of the nitto mud grapplers?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by highrider_44s, May 17, 2004.

1. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

i was wandering everones thoghts on theese tires. see them in lots of mags and i must say the do look preaty swav /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif other than that don't know much about them so lets hear it /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Well, they llok cool, but HOLY CRAP they cost a pretty penny! Lots of great tires out there that cost less and are proven (Interco, ProComp, BFG, etc) /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Three years ago nobody had heard of the Pro-Comps or M/T Baja Claws and both have caught on.

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

im still not a big fan of the pro-comps. Nothing wrong with them, just not a big fan.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'm the total opposite. I think the pro comps are one of the best tires to come out recently. The claws I think are generally worthless. They've been a total disappointment for M/T, that's for sure.

6. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

I saw a set of 38" grapplers on spinner wheels mounted on a cadillac escalade this past saturday. It had 10" of lift.The dude brought it back to the shop because of a noise coming out of the transfer case. It broke some clutch bands and rear ring & pinion because he did not break in gears correctly. That dude has spent some serious dollars on that ride.

7. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I saw a set of 38" grapplers on spinner wheels mounted on a cadillac escalade this past saturday. It had 10" of lift.The dude brought it back to the shop because of a noise coming out of the transfer case. It broke some clutch bands and rear ring & pinion because he did not break in gears correctly. That dude has spent some serious dollars on that ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

spinners and 38inch tires!? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif ya from wat ive herd the rubbers real soft...just my 2 cents

8. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

Also the guy is white.

9. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

I'd love to run them if only they came in a smaller rim. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Those and the Toyo M/T 38 x 15.50 /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif but they both want you to run huge rims /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

10. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

They look nice , but they come in funky big rim sizes. I would consider running them when I can go down and find a 15 inch rim size in stock at a fair price /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif