Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you think of this FI kit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

2. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

I met a guy that wrote a magazine article about this kit when it came out. He installed it onto his Chevelle and was very happy with it. I am checking to see if I still have the magazine article. Of course he received it for free....lucky bastard. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

If you can afford the price, it is not too bad of a deal, since you get everything complete, it is all new, and should be very reliable.

3. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't want a Holley unless I had ALL the parts available for spares.

I think a better unit would be an OEM GM (other known manufacturer) FI system. That way, when your in the backwodds, you don't have to pay for a helicopter to come in and drop off a Holley Fuel pump.

If it was a Fuel pump for a GM computer (say 93-97) you can walk to your local Kragen, Napa, Check's etc. and ask for a fuel pump from a '93 CHevy - and they just MIGHT have it in stock.

However, if this is for a street car/truck.... go for it!

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">I do not see an O2 sensor or any mention of closed-loop capabilitys. For about half as much money, you can get a factory EFI setup that will outperform this.

5. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

I run that exact set up on my truck.I wish I would have done it along time ago.The best thing about it is that it is easy to install.You can tune it to your motor;headers,cam,heads,tranny,gears,etc.As far as replacement parts go Kragens stocks the FI and all the parts and there open 7 days a week.(at least in my home town.) /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

A lot of guys on an IH mailing list I'm on run that system and they love it.

7. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My experience with Holley products is very poor. I had a TBI fuel pump that it took them 2 months to decide if it was bad. They then offered to replace it under warranty. Yeah - right... I'll let my truck sit there for 2 months while they take apart a TBI fuel pump to try and prove it failed because of something I did. I took the refund.