Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you think of your truck being called an SUV?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1-ton, May 24, 2006.

1. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yesterday, in the local newspaper, there was a picture of a Ford Super-Duty Crew Cab Dually laid out on its side, and a caption under it saying "SUV rolled over, driver ejected, injured".

What do you think of trucks being lumped together with "Soccer Mom" Ford Explorers or Caddilac Escalades? I not fond of being identified with that segament of our population, but I geuss by legal DOT definition a K5 is considered a wagon, which has its benifits.

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I call it worse then an SUV when something goes wrong with it.

:cough:the lounge :cough: ****ing hay fever.. :rolleyes:

3. 71 Blazer

71 Blazer 1/2 ton status

Yea, this is difffenetly lounge material. No my 71 Blazer is not an SUV, it is a truck.

4. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

THAT pisses me off soo much. and people know it so i get it alot. If it has the capabilities of a truck and acts like a truck. IE NOT soccer mom stuff. NO bling or fancy heated seats ****. it not an SUV.

As far as it being a wagon, thats what the cop told me it was!?

5. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

well my k5 is considered a "truck" since its got permenent truck plates hehe. what pisses me off more is that ppl call it a bronco! i dont get it

6. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

Me too

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

SUV's are baaaad so, naturally, all negative media coverage that can be flung their way is "good" in the eyes of the "free" press. I'm still trying to figure out when "free press" went from 'free to tell the truth' to what we have now, which is 'free to tell your audience what you want them to hear'.

j

8. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Those plates dont mean jack... :rolleyes:

But yeah the Bronco thing gets very annoying, not sure what people are thinking :confused:

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I personally don't care what other people call/think of/say about/label my Burb. Why does it matter? I bought it and am building it for me. One of the reasons I enjoy this site is that tere are people who, like me, enjoy FS Chevys. Like anything, we are a small minority.

10. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I could care less what the Government and insurance companies call it . Blazer and Subs were advertised as trucks , in the truck sales literature , and by the truck division . Its a truck . They WORK and play :thumb:

11. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

so what does that make my burb ? Isn't an SUV suppose to be a sport utility vehicle ? Trucks are not SUV's . I don't mind someone calling my burb an suv . Hell , someone on here said it looked like a Chevy Avalanch :haha: . A big ugly camo version maybe .

12. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Burbs are trucks that hold more people . They were intended for large families , or for commercial use where you needed to haul a bunch of dudes around , likr to a jobsite .

Its a truck .

God I would love to go back to the 80's and punch these people who bought trucks and got them turned into glorified station wagons .

I have no use for leather if its not on my feet , or on I-10 in the passing lane .

13. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I remember back in the late 70's AMC had gone out of business, and sold the rights to manufacture the Jeep line to Chrysler. In about the early to mid-80's Chrysler came out with a miniture size Jeep Cherokee (remember the full-size Jeep Cherokees?). Chrylser had an uninteded hit on there hands because the Yuppies started buying them by the tens of thousands. I think Chrysler was taken by surprise because the intended target consumer was never the yuppies, but people that needed a economical vehicle that was off road capable for hunting, fishing, or if they lived in a rural area. Ford saw the sales numbers, and decided to get in on the action. The Ford Explorer was born, and the rest is History, or a long time truck drivers nightmare.