Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you think of ........

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

This and this for the daily driver (98 Dodge Stratus)

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Nobody has a opinion of the L7's ??? I heard one the other day at one of the local stereo shops and think they sound pretty good. [​IMG]

3. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

All I know is my brother runs a pair of those in his Grand National powered by a Rockford Fosgate Power 1000bd at 1000 watts @ 2 ohm and that thing makes the ground shake literally, The entire car is Dynamatted up the @$$. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm consittering a single 12" (DVC 4 ohms per VC for a 2 ohm load at amp) in a slot port box for the daily driver. With my MMATS D200hc amp would be 700watts rms.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I just bought a 12" Kicker L7 Square sub in a slot ported box for $160.00. Think thats a good deal ??? DVC 4ohm per coil. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Offered a guy $160.00 to end a Ebay aution early. I seen all the 12" L7's in slot port boxs going for close to, if not over $300.00 Plus it pisses me off to get out bid at the last momment. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

They are square...that is just to wild for me. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    They are square...that is just to wild for me. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I listoned to one at a local stereo shop and was quite impressed. Never had a square sub befor, but it should be good for the daily driver (98 Dodge Stratus). Just going to pump it with 700watts rms.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Too wild for the master of bling ????? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Too wild for the master of bling ????? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I sure hope this doesn't stick! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Too wild for the master of bling ????? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I sure hope this doesn't stick! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I'll drop it, but I'm afraid it just might stick.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Well, I should have my square Kicker L7 (12") single DVC sub in a slot ported box here in the next few days. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'll be happy to tell y'all what I think weather ya wanta see it or not. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. ilikeitloud

ilikeitloud 1/2 ton status

L7s are solid subs and get very loud!not the greatest SQ in the world is what some peeps say but i think they sound pretty darn good.in the pic you showed those are the older L7s. are you gettin those the 2nd gen?? i think the 04 L7s have been released not sure but they are waaaaaaaaay to bling for me /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifcheck out kickers site for pics.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    L7s are solid subs and get very loud!not the greatest SQ in the world is what some peeps say but i think they sound pretty darn good.in the pic you showed those are the older L7s. are you gettin those the 2nd gen?? i think the 04 L7s have been released not sure but they are waaaaaaaaay to bling for me /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifcheck out kickers site for pics.

[/ QUOTE ]It's just for the trunk of the 98 Dodge Status. Need more bass then the factory speakers can produce.

14. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul,

With what you're considering spending on new speakers, and cabinet....why not just take that JBL box down to a competent stereo shop and have them cut it down to fit your car???

They could probably shave a little off each side so that it would drop into the trunk, and recarpet the sides so you'd never even notice that it was "modded"....seems cheaper and easier than trying to sell something at a loss, to buy new stuff at full-price....

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul,

With what you're considering spending on new speakers, and cabinet....why not just take that JBL box down to a competent stereo shop and have them cut it down to fit your car???

They could probably shave a little off each side so that it would drop into the trunk, and recarpet the sides so you'd never even notice that it was "modded"....seems cheaper and easier than trying to sell something at a loss, to buy new stuff at full-price....

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Good point, but I already bought a L7 in a slot ported box. Got a good deal, $160.00. I asked the seller if he wanted to end the aution early and he was cool with it. Lucky for me becouse those autions usely go for more then I'm willing to spend, or I get out bid at the last momment. So now I have a pair of 12" JBL's in a sealed box for sale.

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Got my Kicker L7 in a sealed box (Was suposta be a slot port box) today. Too damn cold for me to be hooking everything up out there right now. So I'm waiting for a somewhat nice day to install the amp wiring kit, (run the RCA's and remote wire), the amp (Planning on mounting under the pass. seat.) and the L7.

17. the excuse

the excuse 1/2 ton status

my friend had two of the l7 15s in thes competition ported boxes. they were specifically built to win spl comps. the boxes were so big they could barely fit into his chopped suburban. after a while he put it in his denali. the amp he had was 500 watts lower lan what the subs are recomended for. they were very loud though. with one hooked up to the amp it was powered perfecty and would have no trouble shaking the whole car. they didnt sound perfect but they were made to win spl competitions not sound quality. if you want loud get these.