Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you think these springs are worth?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigblazer87, Feb 27, 2007.

1. bigblazer87

bigblazer87 1/2 ton status

I've got a '79 K10 that I want to build up this summer and would like to start gathering parts. I'm torn between building it into a trail truck or a mud truck, and right now, my gut is saying mud. So of course, along comes these custom 18" front lift springs on craigslist to sway my mind. What do you think they are worth? I know his $650 asking price is crazy, and his claims of them being "RARE AND EXPENSIVE" makes me think he's a little clueless about what they trully are and worth. I haven't checked into how much Alcan springs cost, but how much would a set of 14" lift springs for the rear cost (52's or 56's)? What would be a good price to buy these front ones for?

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/284723604.html

I'm looking into building something along the lines of this:
    [​IMG]

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

That truck don't even look like it has 44's.

18" lift would be enough to where the bottom of the rockers are about to the top of 44's.

$650 for that amount of lifted springs sounds cheap. I think I've heard or read somewhere that brand new springs with that much lift are in the $1500 range.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

If you're wanting to go sky high, I've got 12" Superlift front and 8" rear springs, along with 4 shocks and all the u-bolts for $800.

You're getting more for the money there.

4. bigblazer87

The truck in the pics is on 35x16x15 Boggers.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. $1500 for a set of springs is a bit pricey, and I would only like to spend that much on the whole lift (springs and crossover). Hmmm... I think I'll wait this guy out, and if he doesn't sell them in a couple weeks or so and starts sweatin' it I'll try to pick 'em up for cheap. If not, the '79 will get a street legal trail truck treatment, with 56's all the way around, 3/4 ton axles, crossover, and H1's with 38" Swampers. Time will tell, but I still would like to hear everyone's opinions on these springs and the mud truck approach.

My '87 K5 DD has a 12" Superlift on it, and definitely would consider that kit from you for the K10 depending on how things go. You have an estimate on shipping to Elk Grove, CA 95624?

5. 84chevy2

84chevy2 Newbie

Whos says those are only 35's???? i know those springs are made and it had like 6 inch of shackle lift..i know this because its sitting in my neighbors yard......this truck burned last year and was rebuilt with a newer body style, its def. a crowd pleaser, he also has a **** ton of money in it, o and the tires are 40's..... where did you get the pic from? id like to see some, this truck also made petersons 4x4 last april

6. bigblazer87

In that pic they sure don't look like 39.5's, unless he has them on 16.5" rims. How much total lift does he have on it? I got the picture off of these boards, along with a video with the truck making some runs through the mud in 2wd. It sure is a crowd pleaser, and inspired me to build up my '79 K10 as a mud truck. Any specs you can get on this truck would be greatly appreciated.

7. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

well seeing as nobody makes off the shelf springs bigger than 12" for front and 8" for rear....so it would have to be custom

8. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

9. 84chevy2

84chevy2 Newbie

if i remember right he says: 20+ lift, 60 front, 14 rear, 5:13 gears, 12:1 motor, 400 tranny or 350 i cant remember, divorced 205, 40 inch boggers, 32 bolt bead locks... thats sums it up. the rims are 15 inch, i just remembered though, those might be 38's i know he had some on there for awhile. dude! find that f*ing post i wanna see it!!!!!

10. bigblazer87

11. johnnychimpo

johnnychimpo 1/2 ton status

I'd only buy 'em if he threw in some "custom" 18" blocks and u-bolts for the rear.:haha:

12. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

in my opinion i would just build you some custom drop down hangers and run like a 8 inch leaf, ive seen like 4 trucks, one was a 4 door just drop off a small inbankment and with those big ole custom springs they are rock solid and the truck just went over like it was a damn giant that kieled over and flopped to the ground(<<i thought it was funny dont make fun of me) you need to keep it kinda soft on the suspension side and 8" still have some give left in them. if you need that big of a lift just drop your hangers like that orange truck did, its a better way to go, have funny wheelin:D

13. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner