Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what do you think? too much?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by MUDNUTT, Sep 6, 2003.

1. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

found an 86 silverado in the local paper. being sold by a dealer, they want 3500 for it. its a short bed 4x4 with a 6.2. dont know anything else about it as i havent seen it in person. i plan on going and looking at it on tues. if its in decent shape is it worth 3500? also any tips on what i should be looking at as far as the 6.2 is conerned?

deck /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

i would look at pooksters post above. Short bed diesels are pretty rare from the numbers i have seen. I would think its worth 3500, but of course offer less and haggle from there. Cash talks if you have it, i would offer 2700, and go from there.

3. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i would look at pooksters post above. Short bed diesels are pretty rare from the numbers i have seen. I would think its worth 3500, but of course offer less and haggle from there. Cash talks if you have it, i would offer 2700, and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree, if its at a large dealership then they probably got it on trade so offer them less.