Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you Think?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by offroadcowboy, Oct 23, 2004.

1. offroadcowboy

offroadcowboy 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifWould this Spring Perches be a good idea for a 14 bolt? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Since I have to move them anyway.Anyone see a problem going this route or should I just cut the old ones and reweld them where I need them? I like the idea of getting 3/4" extra height to offset the dana 60 extra height without adding a leaf or a bigger block. I already have a zero rate in the rear with a 4.5 inch shackel flip so I would prefer to not mess with my suspension any more. Also when welding the perches back on what about putting them on at a different degree to help my shaft angle? My plan is to probably /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif the fenders and poss move the axle back with the zero rates?Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I did this very exact thing. I have never liked useing shims just because they break. SO I bought a set of solid steel perches that already had an extra inch added and had the holes predrilled for moving the axle forward or backwards. Once you cut the old ones off you need to do what the write up says and put your truck with the new perches back together and on the ground before you weld them on. This way you can get the proper angle at your driveshaft to eliminate vibration and prematue u-join failure.

3. offroadcowboy

offroadcowboy 1/2 ton status

Hey thanks Esteban. By the way where did you buy your perches with the Inch added and pre drilled? Also kinda funny put I just printed out some pics of your truck and belly pan /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif so I had some reference when I do my fender trim and poss t-case clock in the future. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif