Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what do you think?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cornfield creations, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

I was asking a couple days ago about a vortec head swap and making sure I had all the parts, but adding up costs and fixing some other things it'll be like $1400 all said and done. I was looking around and stumbled upon this engine.

What I figured, why not buy this for a little more and swap over useable parts and have a brand new engine for about $1900. http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/350-Crate-Engine-290-HP-HO-12499529-P824C53.aspx

My engine has 90,000 miles and I would have a new top end but an old worn bottom end.
    What do you all think?
    I am on a budget, but my engine is using plenty of oil and smoking more and more. Plus I got a pinging noise on the passenger side of the engine. Only I cannot pin point what it is.

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

it would probley be best for you to just replace the engine, but shop around i think summit has a better deal on that same engine

3. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

that engine is about 100 less at my dealership. check around town to see if any chevy dealers will help you out. also theres no shipping!

4. 79BRUISER

79BRUISER 1/2 ton status

I was on summit last night and they had a stock 350 for 1200 + shipping

5. 64suburban

64suburban Registered Member

Check this place out. http://www.rebuiltautoengines.com/ you might find what you need. They have alot of sister sites I believe, and there is also places with web sites similar to there’s but if you pay attention everything is a hundred dollars more. I believe this site may be the original place. Hope this helps!