Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you think

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ryan2286, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Ryan2286

Ryan2286 Registered Member

I think I finally figured out what I'm going to do.

I think I'm going to buy 2 inch rear lift springs and the borrego shackle flip for the back. For the front I'm going to buy six inch springs for the front and the offroad design zero rate, and use the off center hole to position the axle back so I don't have to modify the front drive shaft, or will I still? For the back I figure I will have to lengthen the driveshaft and of course brakelines allround how does this sound? Thanks any comments that would help are appreciated.

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

the reason a lot of people move the axle forward is so the tires clear the fender, and in somecases the floor boards. i dunno what tires you are running but you may consider Getting the front shaft lengethend, and while your at it, move your axle forward instead, and have your driveshaft made to fit that way.......... just a suggestion.