Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What do you will on a run like tellico?

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by ronnny, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

New to k5 and saw the tread on tellico. What kind of truck do most of you wheel on a run like this. I know i cannot do anything this year my truck is now my daily driver and not up to much. but would like to know what most of you are running on a ride like this.:confused:

2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

First off welcome Ronny. Its a good thing to fill out your profile so we'll know a little about you.
    I've never been to Tellico, this will be my first trip. So I'll let someone who knows give you some better info. I've heard someone say that its a tough time at Tellico without lockers and a winch. I don't know but plan to find out. However I'm sure they're some easy trails also. Check out the post and links in the Blazer Bash forum for more info.

3. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Well, this will be an opinion thread for sure. I think that you can run most of the trails with 33s, a rear locker, and a good winch. My trail rig is a 79K10 converted to 1 ton. I run 5.13 gears with detriot lockers, aftermarket axles, and upgraded driveshafts. I've got crossover steering with hydro assist steering 44" Boggers. I'm lifted about 8" with a stretched wheelbase and very much trimmed fenders. I've run every trail there successfully. Fuel injection in a big help due to the angles and boucing involved.