Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What does a FF14bolt spool look like?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Skyetone, May 2, 2002.

1. Skyetone

Skyetone 1/2 ton status

I have seen a powertrax that is like a sauser that replaces the spider gears. It isn't that. I just tore down a FF and the long side shaft was busted at the hub. I thought about it and looked into the carrier. Well it looks like a toyota detroit to me. It is a solid peice that screws together at the ring gear through three screws. Inside where the shafts slide in is a solid plate. There is no acces to the spider gears through the carrier without unscrewing it. There is also some filters on the carrier. It looks nothing like the open diff I have. It had 4.10's on it though. Is it a LS? Can someone help this idiot out and throw me some pix?

2. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

If its screwed together and has screens on it it sounds like a gov loc to me. I know someone on here has some good pics of both open and gov loc difs.

Brian
    82 burb, 38.5's, SM465/NP205, 10/14 bolts

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

There are no 14 bolt spools

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I just read they are making spools for 14 bolts now...can't remember who or what post I read with that info though.

Rene

5. greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth 1/2 ton status

6. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

7. Skyetone

Skyetone 1/2 ton status

It definetly is a GOV lock. Is that a corporate FF then? I don't get what a corporate is.... So it's a LSD then? How limited or how mutch slip? Is that a stock item? I know of another 14bolt FF that has a LSD in it but never saw what it looked like.
    I just pulled the stock diff apart and put it back together. Had to pull a detroit out and put back in spider gears. Does a detroit just replace the spiders in a FF? In toy its a carrier. Don't ask why the previos locker was pulled. Can I just bolt on the ring gear4 and reset up back lash and be done? Thats all I did with the open carrier.