Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What does every one think of this?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thefarside, Oct 21, 2003.

1. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

I have a 86' K5 and I noticed that it needs some front end parts, ball joints tie rod ends. Plus I was planning on putting 39.5 TSL or the new IROK's on it and unfortunately it is a 10 bolt front and rear. What if I swapped out the entire suspension from my newly rebuilt 80 K5? Think every thing would fit? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

It should fit fine. I assume you mean suspension and drivetrain. May need shaft or u joint changes.

I won't give you the spiel on 39's on half tons, you know what you're getting into.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

iroks are very light tires for their size... and 36" iroks may be able to work on your 1/2 ton axles. I wouldnt even think about using 39.5s tho..

j

4. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

Yeah just the axles, I was planning on buying an 8" inch BDS lift and maybe a shackle flip too. Between that and some fender trimming I should be able to accommodate the 39.5"s. I tell you, man I wish I could just find a fairly cheap 14 bolt and D60 for the front though. It would make life a lot easier!