Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what does everyone do for a living?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dysphemism, Apr 19, 2003.

1. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

There seems to be a wide spectrum of people in here, what does everyone do for a living? I'm a student at San Jose State majoring in Business, maybe become an accountant or something. What does everyone do for a living?

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm the assistant manager for one of the Knechts Auto Parts stores in Eugene.

I do "Howlin' Off Road" on the side (but with going to salary and 48+ hours a week my fab time is limited).

-Jeremy

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I used to sell sticks, and doors, windows, trusses and all that other fun stuff.

Now I run the estimating/engineered wood department at your local friendly neighborhood independent lumber yard /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Im taking Heavy duty equipment repair at school. An when im not at school i operate and fix heavy equipment at my familys quarry.

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I'm a lifeguard at the local YMCA. I'm currently going to school for my AA. This fall I will be going into the EMT program and then applying for the Fire Fighting Academy in the spring.

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm a Network engineer/it manager/local support engineer. Ever see "Nick Burns, Your Company's Computer Guy" on saturday night live? I'm him, but very different as a human... I do a few more jobs, dress and talk better, and I think my people like me...

So what's the going rate for student? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I pound nails for a living but am looking into purchasing a Nevada whore house this summer with some friends of mine...

This place also has it's own runway and our lawyer is looking into the possiblity of a federal grant to open it up. Your tax dollars hard at work... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i'm leaving in a few hrs to move to phoenix to go to UTI!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I sell Whorehouses and Nevada oceanfront property /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Well...Im a System Engineer for the U-2 Reconnaissance Aircraft. My job is to make sure the payloads are electrically "quiet" and play nice with each other.

As soon as LandSmasher starts his new business in Nevada, I want to apply for the "Quality Assurance" job

11. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

See avatar I am electrician/electronics technician on
    F/A-18's
    <----------------GO NAVY! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

See avatar: I take out the trash for the county.
    <----------------GO GOOD GUYS!

13. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I spent almost 15 yrs as a body and paint tech. Got bored/aggrivated w/ it and it was killing my knees so I fell back on my mechanic background and went to work for my dad at his shop in town. So I am now a foreign car tech.

I keep threatening to get into 4X4 fab work, but I havent got anywhere to do it right now. We made an offer on some property this morning to build a house on and Ill hopefully get a shop built at the same time so I CAN get into fab stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. indiana88

indiana88 1/2 ton status

I'm a CNC jobsetter at a machine shop owned by DaimlerChrysler. I do basic repair and maintenace such as changing cutting tools and program adjustments on three different horizontal cnc mills and robots. Not as much fun as it sounds. DaimlerChrysler is in the process of selling us out right now.

15. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I'm a safety and health consultant/contractor for a small company out of Colorado. What I do mostly is look for something to do as I only average 25 hrs a week. The good thing is make more than most my friends who work 40+. Not bad on a high school diploma who was told would end up in jail by some of his teachers
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif!!!

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I give MOABDADC22's compatriots in my county more time to deal with real crimes.

17. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Monday thru Friday = programmer

Saturday = Toyota parts dept (truck money! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

architecture student at Portland State University. 12 credits from my BS and still living off the money I made during my 4 year stint as a Marine grunt. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

19. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Hey Thunder. You know which one I'm talking about. Remember Janie's Ranch in Queen's Valley? That's it and we are serious! I have a group of investors whom I've know for years and we are all in it together. It's going to start off as a skydiving operation and private flight park. Once that is up and running we are going to open the house back up. Already have the lawyer obtaining the legal paperwork for it. Somewhere here I have a pic of the joint.

Here it is. Can't really see much from this pic but I'm going up there in June and will take more pics then...

[​IMG]

20. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Also see my avatar....
    <------------ /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif