Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WHAT DOES EVERYONE HERE DO FOR A LIVING???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Jan 28, 2004.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i work at ABC SUPPLY,we sell roofing,siding,windows,etc.i'm the warehouse manager,been doing this s**t 19 years.i see cops ,firemen,students. what else?? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

I operate and repair Heavy equipment and once in a while drive a gravel truck.

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I work in a hotel at the front desk... I wear a clean white shirt and a tie to work /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

I frame buildings out of steel studs .and install drywall .Going on 17 years of working in all elements .Thanks for making me realize I'm getting to old for this sh*t.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am an electrician on F/A-18's. Sometimes cool sometimes it sucks

[​IMG]

6. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Electrical Engineer with a consulting firm

7. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

DoD FireFighter, For Yuma Proving Ground Fire Dept. pretty fun job, stil have't found the spend money all day and do whatever job yet though. still searching. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. boggerless

being out side in the winter sucks doesn't it.this year makes me really love my carhart,s.and they aren't working. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. boggerless

do you fly ??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

10. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I sell sticks...and windows, doors, trusses, millwork...ect Been doing it for 11 years

11. boggerless

is that for a city or a company?what days -hours do you work. i have family and friends that fight fires and they work 24 hrs on and 4 days off.one of my friends al works in detroit and pays other guys to work his holidays(he gets $600.00 for thanksgiving so he'll offer a new guy $250.00 to work it for him). he gets the other $350.00. he was off almost six monthes one time,they acually had to call him?why would he wreck that job? another friend james works for highland park,the ghetto city thats in the middle of detroit. he's a cop AND a fireman.sometimes they have to arrest people while wearing thier turnout's.WTF?? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

12. boggerless

i like sticks, so do my pup. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

13. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Weather Forecaster in the Air Force..for the last 16 years

14. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

It is an Army base, we work 24 on 24 off for 5 days the 3 days off.

15. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

we fly on a UH-1 Huey, as Crash Rescue. that is pretty cool they film the tests from the bird we are in so we get to see a lot of cool stuff. new rockets being fired some pretty serious stuff. makes you wonder why people muck with us at all. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. boggerless

now i don't feel so bad beeing at the same place so long.alot of you guy's have cooler jobs,though. it was fun back in the 80's /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif ABC bought us in 95 and it's gone down hill ever since.thank GOD for grants for school, marine biology thats the sh*t. i love water. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

17. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Avionics tech, at lots of different place, since 91. I've worked in all different ends of it; Military flight line, contractor rework, new commercial manufacturing, new military manufacturing, major airline base maintance. I've been a tech, an electrician, an inspector, an installer, worked w/ engineers in a flight test program. Did mention it’s not a very stable line of work if you want on of the good paying jobs? If you only want to make $12/hr at some small FBO its easy to find work, but the good paying stuff is a lot less common. So far I've been lucky and managed to quit before I get layed off, but I like my current job so much I am going to stay until they kick me out.

18. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Used to drive a cement mixer during the week (60-70hrs) and wreckers on the weekend (10-15hrs).
    Wrecked at work 9 months ago/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif, now I'm a full time student again. Going to get me a desk job! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

Nice! What electrical systems do you work on? That is pretty cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

20. boggerless

are you addicted to the weather like me or is it judt a job?we have our little DTN weather moniter at work and i'll play with it for hours. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif