Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What does her body weigh w/o a top?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Art'74, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Art'74

Art'74 1/2 ton status

What does a '73-'75 body weigh w/o the front end, w/o the top and interior gutted (no seats, roll bar, dash, nothin')? :confused:

I am taking one off the frame and want to know how much beer, :rolleyes: I mean how many people, it will take to get it off the frame.

Art

2. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

we used 4 people to lift a tub that had a bob rear and the top was cut off and we werent the biggest guys on the block i guess you can say. id say bout 6-8 should make it easier with more. a cherry picker and some kind of dolley/4wheel cart helps too. when we took the blazer body off my truck there where just 3 of us that flopped it off the frame. on to its side

3. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

It's not a whole body, but it might help you calculate.....

I just took an empty stripped '81 K30 cab to the steel recycling place and it weighed in at ~500lbs The total weight was 590 and i had some other scrap metal in there at the same time.

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

two guys in the front, two guys (big) in the back and two guys using a thick peice of square tubing from pass to driver side bed rails and a cherry picker. came off in ten min.

make sure you disconnect em. brake, speedo, steering shaft, and rear electrical connections (usually under the taikl gate.) oh and main elec. harness under the brake booster, and brake lines at the booster.

from start to finish 1 hr 45 min and a 30+12 of beer

5. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

One 12 pack multiplied times four or five of us could get it done, Art :D

John

6. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I took the body off a big bronco once totally stripped we had 5 guys and decided to wait for more we did it with 8 guys and it was pretty easy no damage to the body or us :D